April 19, 2024, 11:03:53 PM

News:

shovel top end value

Started by waltcentral, September 26, 2020, 01:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waltcentral

I finally am getting the 1983 FLH back together. Wanted to make it a long hauler. Paul from Charm City Choppers installed a S&S top end kit along with a new rocker box assembly.
A guy I know helped me out and towed it to Baltimore. He worked as the service mgr at Baltimore  Harley for a long time and told me Paul is the man with shovelheads. Kind of nice walking into the shop and three Shovels on lifts and an engine on the bench waiting to go back together.
  My friend wants to by the used parts.  Rocker Boxes, heads (not broken fins or cracks - 1 bent valve caused by when I forgot to let the last lifter bleed down- jugs and original pistons.
  What is this stuff worth?

JW113

Surf ebay for a few minutes, you'll have your answer.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

Reddog74usa

Rocker boxes sell for around 300 with the rockers and shafts provided there oem and in good condition. Heads are about the same. jugs 100 to 150 each. People usually bore the cylinders and get new pistons so there paper weights unless all are not in need of something. I just finished doing my 68 FLH this spring and this is what I was seeing while I looked for parts. I snagged a real nice low mile oem set of rockers and shafts for 150 shipped as they are getting very hard to find. The V-Twin and chinese parts are nothing but a waste of time and money and that's being nice about it.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT