April 24, 2024, 09:22:46 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

88 to 107 cup inch

Started by tom1harley, September 27, 2020, 03:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom1harley

I have 2006  88 cu inch Dyna Wide Glide and I'm interested in making it a 107 cu inch. I've had the crank balanced and H beam race connecting rod installed and crank pin is welded. 
Has anyone used the V-Twin 107" Big Bore Twin Cam Kit 11-1257?  How is the quality of these cylinders, pistons, etc?
I know I have to bore the cases etc to install and I'm researching on who will perform head work and size of cam and size of HPI throttle body. Currently running a thundermax ecm.  Any tips on this build on how they run and V-Twin cylinders and pistons please post. 

Nutoy

I would bet that the cylinders are from s&s with the 4 1/8 bore. A 58mm tb. redshift 577 cams and do a Timken conversion sprocket bearing. You also need to machine the center case bolt between the cylinders because the cylinders will be very close to touching. Hope this helps.

Ohio HD

I can assure you the cylinders are not from S&S. Think much further away.

https://www2.vtwinmfg.com/107-big-bore-twin-cam-cylinder-kit.html

Click on the more info tab. 

Hillside Motorcycle

I be mighty hesitant to venture into that Tedd Cycle arena....
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Buglet

Not that I'am a Tedd man, but a couple of Indy's on here have used Tedd's kit with good success.

TorQuePimp

Quote from: tom1harley on September 27, 2020, 03:55:28 PM
I have 2006  88 cu inch Dyna Wide Glide and I'm interested in making it a 107 cu inch. I've had the crank balanced and H beam race connecting rod installed and crank pin is welded.
Has anyone used the V-Twin 107" Big Bore Twin Cam Kit 11-1257?  How is the quality of these cylinders, pistons, etc?
I know I have to bore the cases etc to install and I'm researching on who will perform head work and size of cam and size of HPI throttle body. Currently running a thundermax ecm.  Any tips on this build on how they run and V-Twin cylinders and pistons please post.

Cylinders themselves are fine.....pistons not so much.....they used to use wiseco now use offshore something

bobrk1

Was  talking  with  local  shop  said  S&S cylinder  lately  have  been  out  of  round .

Ohio HD

Quote from: HD Street Performance on October 03, 2020, 07:07:41 AM
So you have a 103" crank or another 4 3/8" stroke crank that was reworked? 4" stroke, the original 88" stroke, can get you to 98" without a case bore and 107 if the cases are bored for 4.125" cylinders. I don't think tedds Cycle has 4.125" barrels. What is your plan?

See reply #2, Tedds has the cylinder and piston kits. 

Don D

I removed my post. I see what he is trying to accomplish.