March 28, 2024, 04:34:13 AM

News:

Buell wheel on Sportster

Started by hbkeith, October 04, 2020, 05:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbkeith

Anyone put a 17" Buell rear wheel on a 86-03 Sportster ?

PC_Hater

Anything is possible, but do choose the tyre carefully!
You will almost certainly have to do the various mods to the frame to fit a wider tyre.
Might need one of the wide tyre swing-arms too.
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S

hbkeith

running a 4.5" wide   17" wheel now with a  160 shinko  , just wandering what all involved to running a Buell Mag wheel

turboprop

Quote from: hbkeith on October 04, 2020, 05:19:44 AM

I have never done it but know that this mod has been done hundreds of times by racers. You will probably get a lot of speculation on this forum. I suggest you post this question on the AMRA and/or AHDRA racing pages on Facebook.

FYI - Not all Buell wheels are the same, might want to flesh out the details of the Buell wheel you intend to run before posting on one of the racing pages.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

hbkeith

Quote from: turboprop on October 04, 2020, 10:59:12 AM
Quote from: hbkeith on October 04, 2020, 05:19:44 AM

I have never done it but know that this mod has been done hundreds of times by racers. You will probably get a lot of speculation on this forum. I suggest you post this question on the AMRA and/or AHDRA racing pages on Facebook.

FYI - Not all Buell wheels are the same, might want to flesh out the details of the Buell wheel you intend to run before posting on one of the racing pages.
yes , im noticing differances as i look , thanks

xlfan

If memory serves me right, the Buell tubers used a 20mm rear axle, a smaller dia brake disc and a wider wheel hub.