April 24, 2024, 09:28:16 AM

News:

S&S evo. 113 oil pump

Started by flht1550, October 06, 2020, 02:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flht1550

looking for advise on a new oil pump for S&S Evo.113 bought this motor out of a bourget's bike and plan on putting in a FXR project. Looking at the oil pump and I think I what to install a new pump. I don't really feel the need foe a HVHP pump umless someone can convince me otherwise. I'm more afraid of over oiling than I am low pressure. I of course am considering S&S, Ultima if they make a standard pump, also see Sifton. are any of these to be considered better than the next other than the cost difference.

thumper 823

You ever study what people are doing for more power and better mileage ?
Even Nasty car is using less of a pump.
The better oils of today have some benefits if used.
Harley cant hardley get oil pressure anyway with all the holes, so the most you can do is pump volume .

No one  i know has ever blown their engine up because the pump did not pump enough (dont be silly now, I am not talking about abuse and sheared keys ect )
So, I would guess your Harley pump is just fine.
D Troop 3/5, - C/16 ,162AHC, Mekong delta.
Rising from the Ashes  UHIH

wfolarry

I have the HVHP pump on my bike. I could tell a difference. Motor is quieter when hot. Need it? maybe maybe not but I like it.

HogMike

Quote from: flht1550 on October 06, 2020, 02:04:19 PM
looking for advise on a new oil pump for S&S Evo.113 bought this motor out of a bourget's bike and plan on putting in a FXR project. Looking at the oil pump and I think I what to install a new pump. I don't really feel the need foe a HVHP pump umless someone can convince me otherwise. I'm more afraid of over oiling than I am low pressure. I of course am considering S&S, Ultima if they make a standard pump, also see Sifton. are any of these to be considered better than the next other than the cost difference.

I have that pump on my 113 crate motor for years on my 1995 FLH.
Yes, more pressure indicated on my gauge but zero issues on that motor.
I'm with Larry on that.
JMHO
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

cheech

How many miles on the Engine? It's been fine all those miles with it, right?
Regardless, if it's been running fine as is, and all the 113" and whatever other size S&S engines with the same pump have, why even fool with it?