April 16, 2024, 04:49:10 PM

News:

FXR tank decal ???

Started by Reddog74usa, October 09, 2020, 09:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog74usa

October 09, 2020, 09:37:38 AM Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 10:36:32 AM by Reddog74usa
I recently picked up a 91 FXR Conv. that has a different style tank decal. Can anyone tell me any info on this different style logo as it is not what I have seen on 91 FXR's. Also this color doesn't show up on any paint code sites for 91. It looks very close or is a perfect match to the tangerine color they had in 88 that was offered on the Heritage Softails but I'm not sure. If I can get the name or the code for it it would be great as there's a couple of those wonderful bullet hole stickers over two spots that I would like to remove and do a touch up in those areas. This model is a Low Rider Convertible.

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

14Frisco

It appears to be a Custom Vehicle. 1991 Custom Vehicle #6 - Color Code 090, Candy Tangerine &
Silver, pinstripe in 1/8 Federal Gray, pinstripe out 1/16 Silver.  1991 Custom Vehicles have a decal designed exclusively for this program. This decal is only available on Harley-Davidson's 1991 Custom Stock Vehicles. It is NOT sold over-the-counter or on other Custom Color orders.

Reddog74usa

:beer: :up: WOW!!!! Frisco you are "The Man"...... Thanks much for that detailed info on this FXR. Now all I have to do is get it out here from RI and will post pics when I get it.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

xlfan

I agree! WOW! Where the freakin' warm place did you get access to that kind of info? 😊

I was a dealer back then, and was always given the runaround to no avail, when trying to access such info.

guido4198

Frisco, that is awesome information. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.
As to the bike itself...Here's ANOTHER ONE...!!
I keep seeing these GORGEOUS old FXR's "pop up".   :up: Many times...like this one...they look like they're in showroom condition with VERY low miles. WTF..???!!!  :nix: Who bought these bikes, only to put'em away like a Christmas ornament and trot'em out once a year..??? :scratch:
Geeezzz.  :banghead:
If I had any room around here, I'd buy a couple of them for just PARTS....to keep the Moonraker (my 1985/99 FXRS) on the road.

Deye76

East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

jls 64

js

jsachs1

Quote from: Reddog74usa on October 09, 2020, 09:37:38 AM
I recently picked up a 91 FXR Conv. that has a different style tank decal. Can anyone tell me any info on this different style logo as it is not what I have seen on 91 FXR's. Also this color doesn't show up on any paint code sites for 91. It looks very close or is a perfect match to the tangerine color they had in 88 that was offered on the Heritage Softails but I'm not sure. If I can get the name or the code for it it would be great as there's a couple of those wonderful bullet hole stickers over two spots that I would like to remove and do a touch up in those areas. This model is a Low Rider Convertible.

Home run Steve. Great looking paint combo.
John

FSG

QuoteI recently picked up a 91 FXR Conv.

what does the HD SIP Site say about the bike when you enter it's VIN?

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/

Reddog74usa

It comes up as a 1991 FXRS Convertible. That's about all I can see other than infotainment info for later bikes and we know infotainment wasn't available back then. There is no mention of it being a custom vehicle or anything pertaining to the paint scheme or anything else, just a 91 FXRS-Conv. I'm fine with that and was looking for a low mile original. This one has 13K miles on it.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT