April 27, 2024, 02:37:07 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

D&D x-cat header and slip-ons.

Started by 838, December 12, 2020, 06:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How does this system perform in big cube twin cams? What are some good power producing slip on's nowadays (I like loud)?

rigidthumper

Depends on how big. We used it on a buds bike a couple years ago, did OK. 2016 FLHX 107 with T-Man 625 cams. With Crusher mufflers, (loud/open) made 122/117, dip @ 2K.
With Crusher Mellow mufflers (quieter/internal plate) , made 126/123, dip mostly gone.
I noticed @ WOT, the volume wasn't much different- at cruise, the Mellows were easier on the ears.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

This would be for my personal 117". It makes 140/136, it has a rush wrath but I've been riding 2-up a lot and the heat of the pipe is right on my wife's leg. Was thinking of trying a 2-1-2 option. I know the fulsac and fuel Moto pipes work, but I like the look of the s&s, chrome werks, and d&d. I didn't know you could still get crushers? I will need black  slip-ons too.

Deye76

December 13, 2020, 09:00:30 AM #3 Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 09:04:35 AM by Deye76
"I didn't know you could still get crushers?"
Used maybe. There might be a new style, don't know if they are as good as the ones Roland developed.

I'm keeping mine.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

harpwrench

The primary tubes are pretty much identical with a boss fatcat, down to the merge. 1 5/8" at the head. Maybe kinda small if you wanna keep the 136hp?

Quote from: harpwrench on December 13, 2020, 09:22:08 AM
The primary tubes are pretty much identical with a boss fatcat, down to the merge. 1 5/8" at the head. Maybe kinda small if you wanna keep the 136hp?

Good info. That won't work. Now I wonder if the s&s or chrome werks are up to the task?

Does anybody know which muffler's work with the fullsac cores?

Don D

Clayton24

Have you looked into vance & hines power duals ?

harpwrench

Rush has the "high output" duals with hidden crossover like s&s/kromewerks too, and they're ceramic coated.

Quote from: harpwrench on December 13, 2020, 03:42:20 PM
Rush has the "high output" duals with hidden crossover like s&s/kromewerks too, and they're ceramic coated.

Looks to be discontinued... maybe I could get the same through Dragos?

What about the s&s power tune duals, are they up to the task on a big cube motor???

harpwrench

I don't imagine that it would match the wrath:)

harpwrench

Biggest one I could find on here with the power tune duals is a 113.
Mufflers maybe holding it back some
http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,104722.msg1239428.html#msg1239428

I can tell you for a fact that not all dynos report the same numbers, or even the same dyno on different days, my experience with that

jsachs1

Call Drago. He's getting back in the header business.
John

60Gunner

kd

Frank's Dragula 1 with the slow wide curved exit on the rear cylinder (like D&D and Rush) really performs on my 120 with a 2.5" baffle.  Some compare it in most ways to the Rush pipe.  I have noticed that the headers on the pipes that consistently perform well in a broad pool of builds use that design feature.  I would be interested in hearing what the tuners have noticed in header design.

The Burns pipe 3"  baffle is an absolute killer pipe too. It's lacking a bit the on left side for street use in a heavy platform Bike. Not by too much though. (baffle size?) It can be fixed and we have seen that here.

Here's a comparison.  Blue is the Dragula 1

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,99409.msg1162057.html#msg1162057

KD