March 28, 2024, 02:42:55 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Took the Sportster down the track

Started by hbkeith, October 10, 2020, 04:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbkeith

Got the Sportster out at Martin Dragway today finally , 11:80 @ 115 , 3 passes all close to the same times , get that big D carb back on it next year and try to get in the 10,s

rigidthumper

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Track therapy is good for the soul (and sometimes hard on the wallet 😁)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

hbkeith

hbkeith

ran a 11.02 at 122 yesterday , so close !

BTraci

Anything specific you're doing to continue to improve each session?

hbkeith

Launch a little harder , was shifting at the shift light ( 7100) , going a little past it now , still not hitting Rev limiter . yesterday was a blast , running beside another Sportster , he had Wheelie Bar a Slick and Air Shift , im foot shirt , no Bar , Street Tire . He jump me half a bike from the line and would catch him at the 60' and we would run side by side all the way then i would pull him half a bike at the finish . think ive made 8 passes on this bike now .Fun Fun !

sfmichael

ELEVEN O's on a Sportster = BMF  :dgust:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Samsquanch

This sounds like a lot of fun! How bout some pics or video and details of the bike?

hbkeith

Hammer 1275 , BFH Heads , Bored S&S G at the moment ,Darkhorse Crank work  Carillo Rods , Zippers Gears . 125 HP , stretched and lightend , just picked up a Wheelie Bar , going to put S&S D with 3 Thunderjets back on and try launching at 7k , hopefully

turboprop

'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

akjeff

Fuggin' A dude, those are good runs! :up:
'09 FLTR/120R/'91 XL1250 street tracker project/'07 DR-Z400S

sfmichael

Quote from: hbkeith on January 19, 2021, 02:08:52 AM
Hammer 1275 , BFH Heads , Bored S&S G at the moment ,Darkhorse Crank work  Carillo Rods , Zippers Gears . 125 HP , stretched and lightend , just picked up a Wheelie Bar , going to put S&S D with 3 Thunderjets back on and try launching at 7k , hopefully

who's heads / camshaft?

very fast bike  :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

hbkeith

Hammer , im not up to Bikes potential yet , bike has ran 10.40

sfmichael

heads and cam are Hammer?

can you be more specific?

10.40's is amazing!!!!!  :dgust: :up:

what year Sporty?
Colorado Springs, CO.

hbkeith

January 26, 2021, 12:59:47 AM #14 Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 02:44:35 AM by hbkeith
95 883 , Stock Heads with Hammer BFH head work , Hammer cams  600 lift , iits not a street bike , droped on the ground , no charge system  etc

aswracing

Kind of an old description of the BFH head work can be found here: http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,90501.0.html . We were calling it "Sledge +" at the time, because Sledge was our top of the line and we figured out how to improve it, but later a customer suggested the "BFH" name and we liked it.

In short: 2.020 intakes, 1.630 exhausts, which at the overlap we run in the cams requires us to alter the valve angles, spreading the valves farther apart. Which in turn is only possible because of the larger bore the 1275 kit brings to the party. Conical springs, Ti retainers, 7mm stems, our design .600 cams, 1.725 rockers, the combination is tested stable to 8000rpm. We also do some welding on the intake short side to raise it. And we run it through our 5-axis porting machine: http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,94827.0.html

hbkeith

January 26, 2021, 09:44:39 AM #16 Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 09:50:47 AM by hbkeith
Quote from: aswracing on January 26, 2021, 08:13:28 AM
Kind of an old description of the BFH head work can be found here: http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,90501.0.html . We were calling it "Sledge +" at the time, because Sledge was our top of the line and we figured out how to improve it, but later a customer suggested the "BFH" name and we liked it.

In short: 2.020 intakes, 1.630 exhausts, which at the overlap we run in the cams requires us to alter the valve angles, spreading the valves farther apart. Which in turn is only possible because of the larger bore the 1275 kit brings to the party. Conical springs, Ti retainers, 7mm stems, our design .600 cams, 1.725 rockers, the combination is tested stable to 8000rpm. We also do some welding on the intake short side to raise it. And we run it through our 5-axis porting machine: http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,94827.0.html
< what THE Man said  :teeth:

sfmichael

I checked it out - very cool. I've had an itch to build a 90-100 hp Sportster for the last few years. Gotta find a low miles '03 Anniversary to pimp out.
Colorado Springs, CO.

ultra 08

You talk about scratching an itch we had cycle and 4 wheeler races on the lake here last weekend and there was guy there riding a 1200 sportster. They can go faster around the corners on ice with studded tires than they can on a dirt track. Came out of turn four on the back wheel.
2008 105th Anniversary Edition Ultra Classic

Hossamania

Quote from: ultra 08 on January 28, 2021, 12:12:58 PM
You talk about scratching an itch we had cycle and 4 wheeler races on the lake here last weekend and there was guy there riding a 1200 sportster. They can go faster around the corners on ice with studded tires than they can on a dirt track. Came out of turn four on the back wheel.

Oh yes, if you've not seen ice racing, it is a shock at how fast they can rip. No sliding through the corners, just stick and go.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

hbkeith

BFH , is that why there is a Big F ing Hammer stamped in my Jugs ? lol

hbkeith

Ran a 10:91 last night , I think my woman was more excited than i was  :up:

sfmichael

Quote from: hbkeith on June 04, 2022, 11:12:21 AMRan a 10:91 last night , I think my woman was more excited than i was :up:

:koolaid:  :chop:  :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

kd

Quote from: hbkeith on June 04, 2022, 11:12:21 AMRan a 10:91 last night , I think my woman was more excited than i was  :up:

:up:   Many lady friends or wives would be saying "That's too much power.  Your going to have an accident".  I heard that from a friend, :hyst:
KD

Bsmith153

Badass man.  I get my electric shifter fixed and get my bagger to the track.  The launch scares me a bit,  dont wanna flip it. Lol
I dont race because I think im the fastest
I race because its Fun!