March 28, 2024, 08:43:03 AM

News:

RDRS Tune on 2020 CVO RG

Started by Don D, October 15, 2020, 11:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don D

Doing a stage 2 with Fullsac mx pipes rinehart mufflers and CR480 cam. Bike has RDRS.
Can the guys with dynos tune these the same as the bikes prior to RDRS using Power Vision or TTS?
Thanks

Coyote

I believe FuelMoto tunes them with PV. Can't speak to the other.

lonewolf

Yes the other can too. Whole different method of tuning. Haven't seen one yet but had a pretty good conversation with Steve about how. Gonna take longer to do, different tables, and the order to adjust.

jamminhd2000

I had a conversation with Alan down at Destination HD today about this. He said that the have more problems with the Powervision than TTS mainly due to the fact that Steve Cole is very helpful with supporting the tts and dynojet is not quite as helpful with Powervision....jimmy

Jamie Long

Tuning an RDRS bike is very straight forward, especially once you have an understanding of how Torque Based throttle control works. I wrote an article explaining this on our FM University site here> https://university.fuelmotousa.com/article/tuning-rdrs-equipped-harley-davidson-models-with-dynojet-power-vision/

Don D

Thanks Jamie
Is this something proprietary to Fuel Moto or is Dynojet supporting this for all tuning centers. I have a local shop that will perform the dyno and license.

Jamie Long

Quote from: HD Street Performance on October 19, 2020, 08:41:13 AM
Thanks Jamie
Is this something proprietary to Fuel Moto or is Dynojet supporting this for all tuning centers. I have a local shop that will perform the dyno and license.

Yes Dynojet supports RDRS tuning & base maps, however we have more extensive tuning & support simply because we have the benefit of the wide range of engines & bikes we build & tune day in day out. We work hand & hand with Dynojet so if either of need help we are more than happy to share info, data, tuning, etc. I can't thank their engineering team enough for the help the give us for two decades.   

Gordon61

Although they hadn't come out with the RDRS label yet, the 2018 softail were using the torque based throttle control tables as well.

Are these disabled for tuning and then need to be switched back on swell ...or is current thinking to bin the torque tables (I'd rather keep them tbh, they came with the bike  :smile:)

Jamie Long

Quote from: Gordon61 on April 10, 2021, 03:15:48 PM
Although they hadn't come out with the RDRS label yet, the 2018 softail were using the torque based throttle control tables as well.

Are these disabled for tuning and then need to be switched back on swell ...or is current thinking to bin the torque tables (I'd rather keep them tbh, they came with the bike  :smile:)

All Milwaukee-8 OEM calibrations have torque based throttle control, this is turned off in aftermarket tunes (with the exception of RDRS models) as it's primary function is to limit engine power.

Gordon61

So long story short, or elephant in the room... whatever
The off the shelf miracle tuning boxes haven't quite caught up with torque based tuning maps ...unless you basically chuck it away

lonewolf

Quote from: Gordon61 on April 24, 2021, 03:51:19 AM
So long story short, or elephant in the room... whatever
The off the shelf miracle tuning boxes haven't quite caught up with torque based tuning maps ...unless you basically chuck it away

Well maybe but with TTS you can now collect Traction Control data "on the dyno" and upload that, and the MT9 file used to collect the data
and a new map will be generated. Same process as VTune except it's done on the internet.

Gordon61

April 24, 2021, 10:37:58 AM #11 Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 01:26:34 PM by Gordon61
 :emoGroan: I'm back to wishing I'd bought a TTS and there were tuners in the UK