April 18, 2024, 04:09:38 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Tts mastertune 6 pin cable same as screaming eagle cable?

Started by anthonyflhx, October 23, 2020, 01:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyflhx

October 23, 2020, 01:02:39 PM Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 05:56:12 PM by anthonyflhx
 Can anyone confirm if the 6 pin screaming eagle interface cable is the same as tts mastertune can 6 pin cable?

lonewolf

rigidthumper

Depends on the part number you have- the TTS cable (2000015A) and the SE cable (41000018) both fit Touring models 2014-present, Softail models 2011-present, Sportster models 2014-present, Street models 2015-present, and Dyna models 2012-2017.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

anthonyflhx

They both fit touring models but are they compatible?  Are the pins set for different options as lonewolf stated?

If they are the same i can probably grab a screaming eagle cable at local dealer and tune bike today. If not gonna be a week before getting a tts cable delivered, if not longer.

rigidthumper

The earlier cables didn't have the internal jumper on pin 5 to pin 6, but the one I listed (41000018) does.

anthonyflhx

Man that would be awesome! local dealer that 41000018 in stock. Hope it works. Will find out this afternoon. Thank you very much.

anthonyflhx

I was able to backup stock calibration, load new tts base map GOA800-03-A0 with the screaming eagle 6 pin cable. No errors.
Recorded a data run, and appears to show data which you can see in first screen cap. Then i opened v tune 3 and added base calibration and my first recorded run and after processing 2 files it shows a blank cells for ve front and back. Screen cap 2.

If i click next to save processed file it is no different than my original base calibration.

So could the cable not be gathering data? It allows me to download and upload files to ecm and looks like it's gathering data from first screen cap. Any ideas? 

lonewolf

If you've set the lambda table to .981 (can only see where the cursor is on screen shot) you are not in closed loop.

rigidthumper

Cable is working fine. Post the MT9 map and the DM3 recording and I'll take a look for you.

anthonyflhx

Dagnabit. I forgot about the part about the bold text and vertical bar. Thank you.
When putting 14.6 in the calculator for afr, it shows 0.995 for lambda. Is that a good starting point?

"The Main LambdaTabledirectly controls closed-loop mixture over a range of values, typically 0.977 to 1.020.  When the Lambda value is in the closed-loop mode, the cell contents will be marked by bold text and a vertical bar on the left side of the cell."

rigidthumper

You can set it up like this to use the onboard O2s and collect the biggest area.
Reset the table after you're done recording (final flash)

anthonyflhx

Thanks for the heads up and tips on the cable and getting data. I did 3 vtunes this morning. First two where Winding each gear out to around 4500-5000 rpms and rolling off and letting wind down back to idle, kinda like a dyno run. Did this 5 times for each gear.

Third vtune was just riding around town what would be mostly normal riding conditions.
My VE tables from Vtune processing are still showing some area's that are more than 5% difference.

How many vtunes are considered enough? Do you keep tuning til it actually is 5% or less? I find it sometimes hard to replicate hitting the same variables over and over depending on roads and traffic conditions. I guess Im asking is there ever a scenario where too many runs can be harmful? Winding out to 5k rpms repeatedly worries me a little bit.

One other thing is the eitms. Do you guys have yours enabled or disabled? Im finding after a some runs and i get stuck at a light it kicks in pretty quick. Thanks for feedback and advise. Very much appreciated. Attached are 3 ve tables screen caps from vtunes processing.

rigidthumper

Third group looks good, are you going to have the big end (open loop area) checked?

anthonyflhx

Quote from: rigidthumper on October 25, 2020, 02:25:26 PM
Third group looks good, are you going to have the big end (open loop area) checked?

Not sure what you mean by checked?

rigidthumper

Measure the actual AFR- the onboard (factory) sensors measure the closed loop area well ( section with solid red bar next to AFR desired ), but cannot accurately measure open loop ( hi MAP/rich AFR) areas. 

anthonyflhx

I thought setting afr back to original base calibration would affirmation for that...? What do you suggest?

Quote from: rigidthumper on October 25, 2020, 02:34:34 PM
Measure the actual AFR- the onboard (factory) sensors measure the closed loop area well ( section with solid red bar next to AFR desired ), but cannot accurately measure open loop ( hi MAP/rich AFR) areas.

Hilly13

Hey bit late in but are you able to tune that cal in MAPxRPM instead TPSxRPM?
Reason I ask is if you can I found it easier to get more data coverage road tuning and it's apples to apples when looking at timing.
Just because its said don't make it so