April 17, 2024, 09:49:05 PM

News:

Darkhorse 34 Compensator

Started by Bap227, November 01, 2020, 10:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bap227

Is anybody running the 34 sprocket? And if so what are your thoughts on it. Do you think you should have went with the 32?

HighLiner

34T here but I have nothing to compare it to!

Bap227

How you like it from the stock 1. Do the bike feel
Different?

kd

Here's at least one recent HTT thread you may find helpful if you didn't see it.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,111720.0.html
KD

Muddogg

Just my experience with the 34t MOW, yours will vary. Love the power delivery, feels very connected, also simple to install. I have a billet basket and Scorpion clutch, get clutch plate chatter at idle but also chatters on decell and can here the plates just riding at a steady pace. Never used it with stock clutch and stock basket it may be quite as a mouse, if you use go fast parts just be ready for go fast results. BTW, like it.

2018 FLHXS

BigT

November 02, 2020, 04:12:07 PM #5 Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 04:20:00 PM by BigT
I have close to 1000 miles on the 34 t MOW in my 124" M8. It's working great for me and it's been abused. I'm running a Evo Ind clutch basket , Aim SDR, H-D 10 plate clutch and it is dead quite.

Muddogg

Just to clarify earlier post, my noise is coming from clutch not Darkhorse comp. From my experience so far the comp is a great part and delivers what it's made to do. Barnett told me a little noise was normal, but the Scorpion holds great and the release point is spot on. Darkhorse comp and Scorpion clutch, at least for me, is a good combo. Yeah I know this is about the "Man o War.

Bap227

Thanks for clearing the sound issue up. Had me thinkin I'll be ordering the 34t and giving it a try

Bafflingbs

I have it. Power delivery seems smooth. Other than it seeming to shift smoother, I don't feel much of a difference. I'm having a bunch of work done next week, including a Darkhorse man-o-war crank installed. Hoping to have less noise. Almost sounds like chain slap
2015 FLHXS: 117hp/130tq FM 110", Darkhorse Man-O-War crank
Retired Motor Officer

Bap227

Quote from: Bafflingbs on November 04, 2020, 07:00:28 PM
I have it. Power delivery seems smooth. Other than it seeming to shift smoother, I don't feel much of a difference. I'm having a bunch of work done next week, including a Darkhorse man-o-war crank installed. Hoping to have less noise. Almost sounds like chain slap

I also did the MOW crank doing a 124 and didn't want to spend a extra 500 on something not really needed