May 03, 2024, 11:13:27 PM

News:

Jump starter pack

Started by Pop-pop2, November 05, 2020, 08:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pop-pop2

I'm looking to get a jump starter pack, but I want something compact enough to put in a saddle bag on a rk. Needs to be able to start the Mrs. car as well (gm 3800)
tia,
Pop

boooby1744

I have an Antgravity XP-1. Works great so far, jumped a V6 Camaro. Got it last year on sale,either Thanksgiving or Xmas. Buddy left his in a car on a 94* day, got a little swollen, still works.

truck

I have THIS I check and charge every three months even though it never seems to need a charge. If you remove it from the bulky case it should fit in the saddlebag nicely.
It starts a 400 cubic inch V-8 at least 3 times in a row when I tested it.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

chaos901

I have something very similar (different brand) to what TRUCK put up.  All fits in a small case and I have used it to jump start a V8.  I saw the need after stopping in the middle of the afternoon for some ice cream on day 2 of a five day trip and my battery went completely south.  Took a while to find a place with a jump box that I could get it started then get somewhere to get a new battery.
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

Appowner

Quote from: truck on November 06, 2020, 06:10:22 AM
I have THIS I check and charge every three months even though it never seems to need a charge. If you remove it from the bulky case it should fit in the saddlebag nicely.
It starts a 400 cubic inch V-8 at least 3 times in a row when I tested it.

*%@#$ computer....

Appowner

Quote from: boooby1744 on November 05, 2020, 09:35:13 PM
I have an Antgravity XP-1. Works great so far, jumped a V6 Camaro. Got it last year on sale,either Thanksgiving or Xmas. Buddy left his in a car on a 94* day, got a little swollen, still works.

Swelling of these batteries is indication of the chemistry inside breaking down.  Making the chance of a catastrophic failure more likely.  And by catastrophic I mean a fire so fast it is sometimes called an explosion.  Before using again I'd contact the manufacturer and see what they have to say.

This type battery is used extensively in the radio control model world.  And batteries are disposed of when they puff out.  Too many fires have been started followed by models, cars and even some homes being lost by continued use of such batteries.

Rockout Rocker Products

I also have the AG XP-1. Used it a couple of times on other brothers' bikes... worked like a champ.

This is my second one.... my first one bulged a bit. Simple email to AG with a form you get from them & a couple of photos... brand new complete kit sent out. Second to none in customer service  :up:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

kd

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on November 07, 2020, 10:52:03 AM
I also have the AG XP-1. Used it a couple of times on other brothers' bikes... worked like a champ.

This is my second one.... my first one bulged a bit. Simple email to AG with a form you get from them & a couple of photos... brand new complete kit sent out. Second to none in customer service  :up:

That was my experience with my AG XP10 also.  In fact I think we both did it at the same time as we were running a thread on it here.  The way we were treated is why I bought my 970 cca lithium battery from them too.  FWIW I started a diesel dodge truck with mine when it was so dead the interior light wouldn't go on.
KD

nibroc

mine says it will start most gasoline engines but no diesels

rredneckn2

Beware if you buy a anti gravity from Amazon and you have a problem with it AG won't honor the warranty for the counterfeit units sold through them. I bought my first Anti gravity through a bike shop very good. Second one through amazon not so good. Just saying.
If you don't like what I say DONT read it

kd

Quote from: nibroc on November 07, 2020, 03:35:50 PM
mine says it will start most gasoline engines but no diesels

What size is it.  I don't recall if my XP10 had that disclaimer but it did start a heavy duty 3/4 ton Dodge as described. 
KD

guido4198

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on November 07, 2020, 10:52:03 AM

I bought an XP-1 when they first hit the market at Rossmeyer's in Ormond Beach. They don't tell you those Lithium batteries HATE hot temps. They don't tell you NOT to leave it in your saddlebags in a HOT garage in the Summer.
When you do all of that, and "contact the manufacturer" to find out why your battery pak is all swollen up...what they tell you THEN...is :"Buy another one".
OK...lesson learned. I didn't buy an XP-1, but I do carry a similar product and it comes in the house with me in the Summer.