April 23, 2024, 05:10:57 PM

News:

Exhaust for cam on a 114"?

Started by anubisss, November 13, 2020, 07:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anubisss

Getting ready to do a cam (woods 22XE) with a/c, breather, and a proper dyno tune once it's isntalled.  Powervision is what I've used in the past.  I will do a 2 into 1 exhaust.  Was thing Bassani RR3 until I talked to a few people whom told me that the m* is far more sensitive to exhaust than twin cams or evo's. 

I've run all sorts of brand of exhaust in teh past and have been thinking I'll do the Fuel Moto RTX as they claim it is specifically designed to address these issues, and cost a tiny bit less than a D&D.  I don't care about the sound, I want to maximize my power with only a cam. 

I've reading through the M8 section and am looking for opinions on what people here like for torque and power.  Also, as far as cams go, what is your go to.  Goal...torque and power that is smooth and liner which obviously depends a lot on your tuner.  Have a highly respected shop I will take m y bike to once I get stuff installed in order to take advantage of my choices.

Tommy D

2:1
D&D Billet Cat

As far as cam.... there's no one size fits all
Bike application.... ride solo or two up... rpm shifting, etc

Quote from: anubisss on November 13, 2020, 07:36:35 AM
Getting ready to do a cam (woods 22XE) with a/c, breather, and a proper dyno tune once it's isntalled.  Powervision is what I've used in the past.  I will do a 2 into 1 exhaust.  Was thing Bassani RR3 until I talked to a few people whom told me that the m* is far more sensitive to exhaust than twin cams or evo's. 

I've run all sorts of brand of exhaust in teh past and have been thinking I'll do the Fuel Moto RTX as they claim it is specifically designed to address these issues, and cost a tiny bit less than a D&D.  I don't care about the sound, I want to maximize my power with only a cam. 

I've reading through the M8 section and am looking for opinions on what people here like for torque and power.  Also, as far as cams go, what is your go to.  Goal...torque and power that is smooth and liner which obviously depends a lot on your tuner.  Have a highly respected shop I will take m y bike to once I get stuff installed in order to take advantage of my choices.
Acts 4:12

Hillside Motorcycle

Our favorite here, that our clients love, is a Billet Cat, RS .468, and a GOOD air filter.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"