March 28, 2024, 03:14:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

WO579 Bagger Bar on a Rushmore

Started by Tommy D, November 18, 2020, 08:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy D

Looking for feedback vs. the stock bar & photos from any riders that have installed the 579 on a Rushmore batwing
Acts 4:12

hattitude

November 19, 2020, 10:02:26 AM #1 Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 10:11:06 AM by hattitude
I put them on my Rushmore Batwing... 2016 Ultra Classic..

I like them.. they are not radically different from the OEM bars, in fact very similar...

Your hand position ends up a little higher and a little wider than OEM....

I wanted the Chubby Bagger Bar, WO575, but they don't fit the 2014+ bikes.. I believe the WO575, raises your ends just a bit more than the WO579... but I found the WO579 comfortable enough that I don't need to make a change..

Here's a pic of me comparing the bars during the install on my bike... the WO579 bars are in front of the OEM bars..

Remember to trim the a 1/4" off the clutch end of the bars.. It's in the directions. I misunderstood the need to do it, so I didn't bother. It leaves a small gap between the switch pak and the step up in the bar size... It didn't bother me enough to remove the switchpak and fix it... I talked with Wild One about it... those bars fit a couple different applications, so they just made the one bar, and have the end user trim it per application..

Here's a pic of the gap if you forget to trim the end..

And here's a pic of the finished product

Tommy D

Much appreciated for the detailed explanation & photo's   :up:
Acts 4:12

ultrafxr

I've run the WO575s on a couple different bikes but as hattitude stated they don't fit the Rushmore fairings and Wild Ones redesigned it as the WO579 for the Rushmores.  I put the 579s on my 2018 and they were a huge improvement over stock.  Not sure how or if I could compare them to the 575s but really liked them.  Bike is now gone and no pics to share.

Now fast forward to my 2020 and I took a different tact - the KhromeWerks 2+2 Narrow Sweepers.  2" taller and 2" back and about the same width.  Thought I'd try these because of so many rave reviews on other forums and not sure I wanted a wider bar like the 579s are.  KW does make the 2+2 sweepers in a wide version if that's your thing.  Again hard to compare as I don't have the 2018 with the WOs but I do like the KWs fine.  I do like the beefier look of the WOs however.  Don't think you can go wrong with either WO or KW.