April 25, 2024, 10:42:50 AM

News:

New Motor won't start

Started by Bap227, December 06, 2020, 09:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bap227

December 06, 2020, 09:07:01 PM Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 09:33:06 PM by Bap227

2007 road Glide
Just put a 124 in yesterday on the 3rd heat cycles bike took forever to start tried to start again and she just keeps winding. We replaced the crank position sensor and still nothing
My mechanic said because I have stock injectors it's not getting enough gas will this cause the bike not to start tho

Also I got a map from dynojet and I told them what I have

Scotty

Maybe a plug was not together properly and finally separated.
If you have compression. fuel and spark then it should in theory start.
Check the quick disconnect on the fuel line has not popped apart, undo it and push it in home again and make sure it clicks in.
Check injector connectors have not come off.
Check what you can it's the only way.

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: Scotty on December 07, 2020, 01:17:34 AM
Maybe a plug was not together properly and finally separated.
If you have compression. fuel and spark then it should in theory start.
Check the quick disconnect on the fuel line has not popped apart, undo it and push it in home again and make sure it clicks in.
Check injector connectors have not come off.
Check what you can it's the only way.

We use a larger injector here on those.
I'd bet that would certainly help.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

rigidthumper

Third heat cycle- so it started twice, and now it wont? throw a compression tester on it- report back.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

les

When I did my 124" my bike would not start until I bumped up the cold start enrichment table.  I also did have larger injectors on the 124" build.

Bap227

Quote from: les on December 07, 2020, 06:52:44 AM
When I did my 124" my bike would not start until I bumped up the cold start enrichment table.  I also did have larger injectors on the 124" build.

I called Dynojet and that's what they did and it started