How many songs will my Sony stereo recognize from my ipod?

Started by klammer76, November 23, 2020, 09:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klammer76

I run a Sony MEX-GS620BT stereo in my 2002 FLH. I use an ipod with 2000 songs on it as the source for music. I have all songs and several play lists. Play lists have anywhere from 200 to 900 songs. Using the ipod am I still limited to the Sony only recognizing around 250 songs before repeating? I always run in shuffle on the ipod but it does seem that I don't get the entire use of the play list. I have the ipod connected with a wire to the usb port. Don't use the BT.

Thanks,
klammer

Hossamania

November 23, 2020, 10:57:30 AM #1 Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:02:25 AM by Hossamania
Take your iPod off of shuffle.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

klammer76

Hossamania

Quote from: klammer76 on November 23, 2020, 12:37:16 PM
Quote from: Hossamania on November 23, 2020, 10:57:30 AM
Will the shuffle repeat play songs?

That's what I found when I used shuffle, it doesn't seem to run thru the whole playlist, just seems to play the most played songs, if that makes sense.
I just run thru the list A to Z, plays all songs. Shuffle did not, I would get repeats before all the songs played.

klammer76

Quote from: Hossamania on November 23, 2020, 01:36:04 PM
Quote from: klammer76 on November 23, 2020, 12:37:16 PM
Quote from: Hossamania on November 23, 2020, 10:57:30 AM
Will the shuffle repeat play songs?

That's what I found when I used shuffle, it doesn't seem to run thru the whole playlist, just seems to play the most played songs, if that makes sense.
I just run thru the list A to Z, plays all songs. Shuffle did not, I would get repeats before all the songs played.
Yes, it does make sense. I will check that out next spring. I know my older Sony's wouldn't play all the songs on a memory stick. I think they only recognized 160 songs. I was hoping the ipod was different.

Hossamania

I don't use USB connection, I use a 3.5 audio plug, so that might make a difference, but it shouldn't, I find it to be a quirk of the ipods.