April 23, 2024, 04:57:30 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

DTC U1405h ?

Started by HogMike, March 25, 2024, 06:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMike

We have 2 of our bikes here showing the same trouble code.
2019 CVO limited
2023 RG with dealer installed WHIM

Both bikes show this code and intermittent issues using CarPlay

Our local dealer service department says maybe CPS sensor failure, OR O2 sensor out of range. He said to bring the bike in and they will plug it in.

That's when I walked away!

My thoughts are connection problems with the usb cable to our iPhones .

The 2023 is under warranty and I'll let him take the bike in, I'm suspecting the USB jumper (69200031A) from the radio is bad but not willing to spend $57.00 to find out.

I have a spare cable for my phone and will try that before ordering any new ones.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
🤔
HOGMIKE
SoCal

FLSTFIDave

On my 2019 CVO RG I had an issue with my bike having intermittent issues with Carplay.  I eventually bought a new iPhone to bike usb cord.  Never had an issue again.  The old cord has been in my corvette for 3 years now, never once an issue.  I sure cant explain it.
2023 CVO Road Glide Whiskey Neat
2021 Pan America Special, Gray,  2003 Fatboy

HogMike

Quote from: FLSTFIDave on March 26, 2024, 06:22:13 AMOn my 2019 CVO RG I had an issue with my bike having intermittent issues with Carplay.  I eventually bought a new iPhone to bike usb cord.  Never had an issue again.  The old cord has been in my corvette for 3 years now, never once an issue.  I sure cant explain it.

Thanks, I thought about that as well and got a new cord in there and will do a ride to see if the code will stay away!
I got a couple of spares in my pizza box I'll share with my friends.
HOGMIKE
SoCal

ultrafxr

I too have had unexpected / unexplained problems with CarPlay and cable.  Last year I converted my car and my Harley to wireless CarPlay with this adapter:

SuperiorTek Wireless CarPlay Adapter for All Factory Wired CarPlay

Got mine from Amazon but no longer available there but I did find several on eBay.  Works great in the car and the bike.  No more hassle with cable.  If you can't find this one I'm sure there are many others that will also work.