May 05, 2024, 02:38:16 AM

News:

AV&V part numbers required.

Started by donk_316, December 11, 2020, 04:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donk_316

Good morning folks!
I have stock 110SE heads currently that im going to have set up for my 117" with the 259E cam. Factory compression is a little soft so while the heads are off for a HG swap i thought, what the hell, i might as well throw money at the black pit by adding 2.15 intake and 1.650 exhaust valves plus have them skim some off the top and size down the combustion chamber a bit. I am aiming for a super comfortable 10.5-10.7 to 1 compression (Lift is advertised as 0.579 and IVC is 47)
I will let the shop deal with installing and setting up the guides but i would like to purchase the valves, springs, retainers and locks with a "kit" made by AV&V. The only reason i want to do it that way as local shops (and Canada in general) like to charge a premium for... well everything. I have found even with shipping, most parts still work out cheaper if i do it myself. Plus AV&V is a Canadian company. Plus i can assemble the head at home.

AV2150 intake valve x2
AV1650 exhaust valve x2
V312531 Seals x4
VSK600T Dual spring kit for 0.600 lift (If my max lift is 0.579 then this should be golden correct? I dont need the heavier 0.650 springs right?)

Do my part numbers look right? Am i missing anything here? Any suggestions?
Thanks very much
2017 FXSE w/117"

jsachs1

Quote from: donk_316 on December 11, 2020, 04:02:16 AM
Good morning folks!
I have stock 110SE heads currently that im going to have set up for my 117" with the 259E cam. Factory compression is a little soft so while the heads are off for a HG swap i thought, what the hell, i might as well throw money at the black pit by adding 2.15 intake and 1.650 exhaust valves plus have them skim some off the top and size down the combustion chamber a bit. I am aiming for a super comfortable 10.5-10.7 to 1 compression (Lift is advertised as 0.579 and IVC is 47)
I will let the shop deal with installing and setting up the guides but i would like to purchase the valves, springs, retainers and locks with a "kit" made by AV&V. The only reason i want to do it that way as local shops (and Canada in general) like to charge a premium for... well everything. I have found even with shipping, most parts still work out cheaper if i do it myself. Plus AV&V is a Canadian company. Plus i can assemble the head at home.

AV2150 intake valve x2
AV1650 exhaust valve x2
V312531 Seals x4
VSK600T Dual spring kit for 0.600 lift (If my max lift is 0.579 then this should be golden correct? I dont need the heavier 0.650 springs right?)

Do my part numbers look right? Am i missing anything here? Any suggestions?
Thanks very much
I think you will find that AV&V & Kibblewhite are out of stock on the dual .600" springs. They may have beehive springs in that lift, if you so desire.
You can check your CVO springs (installed height, and pressure), and if your new valve geometry is set up correctly, you may be able to reuse them. Part #'s are correct if you want titanium retainers.
John

Don D

I use the HVS600X spring at higher than .600 lift, up to .660. These builds have many miles and no failures. Doing the math shows not close to coil bind and adequate pressure to support most cam choices.

SP33DY

Your part numbers look good. Due to Canadian Government policy,AV&V is going to be closed from Dec. 18, 2020 to January 3, 2021, inclusive.

donk_316

Thanks guys. I only chose the dual springs just for the inherient safety factor of the double spring VS beehive.
2017 FXSE w/117"