April 19, 2024, 01:46:06 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

need lifter advise

Started by 1stop, December 11, 2020, 07:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1stop

Im rebuilding a 73 model engine. going with 4 1/2 stroke, stock 80 in cylinders. im in need of replacing tappet blocks and lifters. been looking at velva touch. tried to find the vulcan conversion, but no one cares it anymore. any suggestions would be helpful. trying to keep cost down.

Reddog74usa

The Vulcan set up is no longer available due to the geometry being off on the lifter blocks and trying to find a set of original shovel oiling velvas is very difficult so your only option for a quality lifter set up is to do the evo conversion velvas which require using Evo or TC rocker arms with a set of stepped spacers. All that said the stock set up works well if your sticking with a bolt in cam like an a grind or stock cams.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

kink04fxd

Take a look at Jims Shovel powerglide lifters.
2000 FLHTCI (now carb)<br />1982 FLH

capn

Call BMO.You never know he might be able to help you out.Best shovel lifters.But I did have vulcans in my last Shovel and they were fine. 

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: kink04fxd on December 17, 2020, 06:34:02 PM
Take a look at Jims Shovel powerglide lifters.

I installed the Jims top end oiling kit in my 93" S&S long block mill in early 2004. Not sure if that stuff is still available or not.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

RTMike

Velma touch they are the best

turboprop

Quote from: RTMike on December 19, 2020, 07:51:07 AM
Velma touch they are the best

Unfortunately they are no longer available through traditional supply channels.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

billbuilds

A quick look at the Jims catalog shows that theirs is still available. S&S also offers the Evo style lifter/lifter block conversion kit.
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.