April 26, 2024, 09:40:00 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

48H and compression

Started by Big Dave, December 11, 2020, 11:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Dave

The sheet I posted was not for bragging rights it was asked for

That was what I received from the tuner and Im happy with the ride

Im out

Dave

Ohio HD

You're not being picked on, these posting rules for dyno sheets applies to everyone.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,79401.0.html

kd

:agree:  I will add that it is my observation that properly posted sheets and specs in the dyno section tends to garner more and very valuable conversation that benefits all members with a record in the dyno section.  That's where we all go to determine the value of various combinations.  It's not about bragging rights, It's about building an information bank that is useable.  I remember how I used the section to build my engine and was grateful for all of the help from members that posted and commented there.  Consequently, I returned the favor by posting my results and rideability comments there too.  Recalling your searches for info here when you were making build decisions, I suspect you already understand.   :teeth:
KD

Adam76

Quote from: Big Dave on February 28, 2021, 08:53:42 AM
I'll close this off for those interested

Cylinders bored to 103 , mild port on heads , Stk valves with new grind, heads milled .010 ,Big boyz calculator shows me at 10.01 and 196.5 CCP with the 48 cams

Canned tune from fuel Motto -- Dyno set for mid April

I have a very strong running bike with the pull right where i ride , I haven't push it yet due to brake in

So Far So Good  :bike:

Dave

Dave, thanks for sharing your info.

Curious to know at 196ccp - did you install compression releases? Do you have any trouble with hot starts?
Thanks

Big Dave

I had manual comp releases installed and have forgotten to use them , on a hot start it is a bit slow but starts every time 

Dave

Adam76

Quote from: Big Dave on April 17, 2021, 05:54:15 PM
I had manual comp releases installed and have forgotten to use them , on a hot start it is a bit slow but starts every time 

Dave

Thanks👍