Started by Big Dave, January 03, 2021, 05:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Dave

The gaskets came in the top end kit I bought but do not tell me what they are

Anyone have the crush specs for these , they are .067 out of the box

Thanks

Dave

kd

That depends on how you measured them.  The size (thickness) is in the part number for the gasket.  That'll be on the box (or bag they are in) or listed in the kit number. If bought separate the invoice part number may be there.
KD

Big Dave

January 03, 2021, 05:29:01 PM #2 Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 05:48:18 PM by Big Dave
The head gasket part number listed on the box is H0872SP

I cant see how the thickness is in the part number

Cheap digital caliper but reads closer than a tape measure  :embarrassed:

Dave

Scotty

All Cometic part numbers that I am aware of for HD start with a C
Like the following from the Cometic catalogue and even the kits start with a C
I could be wrong and I usually am but H0872SP is not in the Cometic catalogue.

C9894-040 ...... 3.937" Head Gasket .040" MLS All Twin Cam Models 97" & 107" 1999-17
....................................................... $46.34
C9894-051 ...... 3.937" Head Gasket .051" MLS All Twin Cam Models 97" & 107" 1999-17
....................................................... $46.34

kd

What makes you believe they are Cometic?
KD

Big Dave

Tried to post pics but no luck , Cometic box , cometic labels etc

Kit number 0934-1206 , number under that C9146

Dave

kd

Like this ?  You can see the head gasket id identified in the part number.
KD

Big Dave

Yes but my kit number has C9146 but no dash anything

Dave

Big Dave

Would I be able to E mail the pics to one of you ?

Dave

kd

Where did you get the gasket set.  It may be a bootleg set put together.  I found Taiwan sets using that number and Drag etc but the Cometic search never showed it.
KD

Big Dave

Everything I get is mail order , this came from Konquers in Kelowna

Nobody within 150 miles to talk to so ill figure it out

Thanks

Dave

Big Dave

Quote from: Coyote on January 03, 2021, 06:39:21 PM
And you can't Google its a 40 thou gasket?

Guess im not smart like you

Dave

Coyote

Quote from: Big Dave on January 03, 2021, 07:00:53 PM
Quote from: Coyote on January 03, 2021, 06:39:21 PM
And you can't Google its a 40 thou gasket?

Guess im not smart like you

Dave

Sorry but it was the first one that came up. But I see your issue if there is no dash. Just upload a picture of the kit label perhaps.

Big Dave

Believe me im trying to post a pic but the grease under my fingernails is not helping me with this computer

Dave

kd

Dave, as said, I don't think you have a true full "Cometic" gasket assembly.  Call your supplier and quiz them of the origin.  If they are a true bike shop they will know why you are asking and need to know the dimensions.  I looked at their web site and think they may be selling a mostly offshore set.  If you can return them, Cometics are available on line and through reputable suppliers.  Maybe give California Phil a call.
KD

Big Dave

Thanks , I will call them in the morning , needless to say im a bit confused right now

Dave

kd

Understandable.  I don't know anything about what you have but I would be suspect of it's true origin.  Like I said, call Phil too.  His contact info is in the vendor section and he's a top notch credible guy.  He may know what it is you have and be able to offer you genuine gaskets that will satisfy your needs if those aren't a good choice.
KD

Scotty

January 03, 2021, 09:37:59 PM #17 Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 09:46:39 PM by Scotty
 C9146..............03-17 All Twin Cam Std Bore 3.750" W / Hat Style Valve Stem Seal........................................................ $114.81

Standard bore .040 head gasket the first part number is a drag specialties part number 0934-1206

[attach=0,msg1373473]

kd

Scotty, are you getting that from the Cometic site.  It won't come up for me.  :scratch:  Maybe I'll have to pull out my paper copy.
KD

PoorUB

It is from Drag's catalog. I have been reading but otherwise ignoring this thread, and I found the info in a few seconds.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

kd

Exactly.  That stuff showed up at the beginning with Drag and several others but it can't be found on the Cometic site.  At least not by me.  Maybe a jobber pac sold exclusively to dealers or an aftermarket made up kit?   
KD

Big Dave

Quote from: Scotty on January 03, 2021, 09:37:59 PM
C9146..............03-17 All Twin Cam Std Bore 3.750" W / Hat Style Valve Stem Seal........................................................ $114.81

Standard bore .040 head gasket the first part number is a drag specialties part number 0934-1206

[attach=0,msg1373473]

Thank you I searched the drag site and all I found was this

https://www.dragspecialties.com/search;q=09341206

still cant find what you did

Dave

kd

Exactly.  No details saying what is included and where it comes from.  It also says out of stock.  If you enter that part number in a Google search you will see that set is sold by other sellers too. Unfortunately Cometic does not accept that number and that is why I am suspicious of the origin of the set.  It may be a set put together by someone other than Cometic. As said, maybe California Phil can help you know what you have and get you what you need.
KD

Coyote

Big Dave

Its on me for not being able to find it , I thought the part number in google would have been a simple way .

Thanks Guys

Dave