March 28, 2024, 03:10:02 PM

News:

Harley locking ECM???

Started by sandrooney, January 07, 2021, 04:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandrooney

I was told by a tuner that if you take your bike to a dealer and they hook it to the DigiTech and the MoCo detects an aftermarket tune they will erase it, install an HD tune and lock the ECM so it will no longer accept an aftermarket tune. I don't even think that would be legal, and if that is the case why wouldn't HD just lock it to begin with?   
Patience is such a waste of time .

rigidthumper

They can ( and do) report non EPA approved maps in the ECM, for warranty purposes. If the SE tuner can map it, PV/TTS/DL can map it.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

HV

If a Bike is connected to the Digital Tech ( HD Lap Top ) at a Dealership ( only in the USA ) and it has a non HD tune it will be flagged and warranty Void automatically.... I think its from 2016 up........you can still tune or re tune with any tuner... it just has been Flagged on the HD Warranty site Re tuning with a SE Tuner does not remove the flagging
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

amcmp

With Power Vision it saves your original tune and allows you to reinstall the stock tune. Will Harley still identify it as a non-Harley tune and void your warranty?

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

HogMike

Once your vin has been flagged with something that voided the warranty, it stays on HD's database.
Doesn't matter if you return everything back to stone stock.
Mufflers, tuner, etc.

If the dealer plugs it in at the shop, it will show "bone stock" but that doesn't erase the history that H-D has in their database. :potstir:
HOGMIKE
SoCal