March 28, 2024, 09:47:08 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

65 FLH

Started by Devo, January 08, 2021, 07:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devo

Anyone have recommended replacement for OEM shocks on 65 FL. Looking at Vtwin AEE look close

Excalibur

My shocks were absolutely shot on my '61 FLH so I bought Progressive 412-4029C. The difference in ride was night and day plus they looked close to stock. Even the top domes fitted, just. I did research on spring rates at the time because I ride solo with no extras. I use the softest setting and it's perfect. Not sure if this is any help. Adding some pics...
Good luck
[attach=1]
[attach=0]

Devo

Need some help with transition from linkert to hard fuel line. Is this brass fitting stock?

HogMike

Quote from: Devo on January 17, 2021, 08:13:37 AM
Need some help with transition from linkert to hard fuel line. Is this brass fitting stock?

No
There is a fuel filter on the bottom that is missing
Everything else in the picture looks ok. Correct carb support, correct oil lines to correct heads.
:smiled:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

58Tin

filter and line [attach=0]

Devo

Thanks that's the missing link. Wondering why the parts or service manual don't show it.

HogMike

The curved hard line from the fuel rod shut off will attach to the filter (screen holder)
Most just use a hose and adapter fitting (Colony) has them.
I don't remember if the stock 5 gal tank on the 65 uses the same hard lines as the smaller tanks.
The crossover on the 65 is different from on my 56 from what I remember.
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Devo

Hard line cross over. The rest of it is shown in the manual. Thanks for the help

Devo

I ended up using the progressive.

kd

Devo, that's one handsome panhead.  Good for you for finding a replacement that looks stock.   :up: :up:
KD