April 23, 2024, 10:16:29 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

question on a new ride

Started by Pete_Vit, December 18, 2020, 06:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kd

Pete, that's a Screamin Eagle tuner.  I have a super tuner pro and it says that on the front.  Yours doesn't so I expect it is a simple super tuner  (SEPT). My bar code is different too but the Tuner is the same in appearance in all other ways.  BTW, it is orange, not yellow.  :teeth:
KD

Pete_Vit

Quote from: kd on December 23, 2020, 07:33:27 AM
Pete, that's a Screamin Eagle tuner.  I have a super tuner pro and it says that on the front.  Yours doesn't so I expect it is a simple super tuner  (SEPT). My bar code is different too but the Tuner is the same in appearance in all other ways.  BTW, it is orange, not yellow.  :teeth:
:doh: yeah, I see Orange and wrote yellow, can't fix stupid  :dgust: Thanks Kd, something else to check out later on down the road !
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

Leed

Nice looking bike Pete!
Best of luck with it but be careful. The red ones are the fastest😄

kd

You may be able to get a tuner to lift the tune off it and compare it to your ECM.  It's a pretty good indication that a little more than exhaust and breather have been done to it.  Likely a touring grade cam by the sound of your experience riding it home.  It doesn't sound like it was a dog. I'm guessing it's a 96" and they seemed a little soft to most.
KD

Pete_Vit

Quote from: kd on December 23, 2020, 07:50:11 AM
You may be able to get a tuner to lift the tune off it and compare it to your ECM.  It's a pretty good indication that a little more than exhaust and breather have been done to it.  Likely a touring grade cam by the sound of your experience riding it home.  It doesn't sound like it was a dog. I'm guessing it's a 96" and they seemed a little soft to most.
:up:  yup 96" it does not run like a dog to me but I'm use to the 80" Evo motor. I like the Rinehart true duals - very mellow until you flip the throttle  :SM:

PoorUB

That was nice that the previous owner sent the tuner along with. I knew a guy that sold his HD and I asked if he was sending the TTS tuner along with the bike, even after I said it was "married" to the bike and wouldn't do anyone else any good. He said, "Nope, F them, they can figure it out!"

What are people like that?
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Pete_Vit

Quote from: PoorUB on December 23, 2020, 08:52:41 AM
That was nice that the previous owner sent the tuner along with. I knew a guy that sold his HD and I asked if he was sending the TTS tuner along with the bike, even after I said it was "married" to the bike and wouldn't do anyone else any good. He said, "Nope, F them, they can figure it out!"

What are people like that?
yup  :agree:

Fugawee

That Guy probably wanted to sell the Tuner on E-bay.

Hossamania

Once rolling they are pretty nimble. The twin cam pulls nicely. Congrats, nice pick up. Needs cams and a tune. And 103 upgrade. Might as well do heads as long as they're off............
Peruse the audio section here, all kinds of info on speakers and head units. The stock speakers aren't great, much better options out there. For real improvement, an amplifier is your friend. That audio section will help you spend money just like the tech sections!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Pete_Vit

Quote from: Hossamania on December 23, 2020, 09:20:49 AM
Once rolling they are pretty nimble. The twin cam pulls nicely. Congrats, nice pick up. Needs cams and a tune. And 103 upgrade. Might as well do heads as long as they're off............
Peruse the audio section here, all kinds of info on speakers and head units. The stock speakers aren't great, much better options out there. For real improvement, an amplifier is your friend. That audio section will help you spend money just like the tech sections!
:up: thanks Hoss ! the guy who did my C5 does Harley head units and speakers too, I'll check with him too

Hossamania

One thing I've found is that the music source matters. I have stock head unit and and changed to Boom! speakers in the front (free), when listening to music from the FM tuner it's pretty rough, but using an ipod plugged in is much better quality, either set of speakers.

Pete_Vit

Quote from: Hossamania on December 23, 2020, 10:18:56 AM
One thing I've found is that the music source matters. I have stock head unit and and changed to Boom! speakers in the front (free), when listening to music from the FM tuner it's pretty rough, but using an ipod plugged in is much better quality, either set of speakers.
:agree: I was told also that MP3 is not the best format for sound, and depending on the bitrate you can get a better quality sound, I agree FM compared to CD's or portable players - big difference 
Merry Christmas to all in case I forget and thanks for all the great info and tips, now I need to ride...... :) 

rigidthumper

Street Tuner part number (on the box) is 41000008- limited to EPA legal tunes.
If the box part number is 32109-08(A,B, etc) it's a Super Tuner- complete functionality "for off road use only"   ;)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Pete_Vit

One other question, while checking OIL and trans levels, I see a pigtail hanging down from the seat, right side, I didn't take the seat off but what what I've been reading these bikes came with a battery tender pigtail? is this true ?
thanks

kd

My 2011 didn't.  It was probably added and may even double as a plug in for electric clothing. I have doubles for the passenger too.
KD

Coyote

If it looks like this connector then it's a float charge pigtail.

kd

I use those for my charger and with an adapter for my heated gear.  My CTEK lithium battery charger is a separate configuration and an extra plug hanging out there. They tuck up out of sight until needed. 
KD

Pete_Vit

Quote from: Coyote on January 04, 2021, 01:10:31 PM
If it looks like this connector then it's a float charge pigtail.

that's what it looks like, I'll check under the seat later today, thanks

Pete_Vit

Quote from: kd on January 04, 2021, 01:26:14 PM
I use those for my charger and with an adapter for my heated gear.  My CTEK lithium battery charger is a separate configuration and an extra plug hanging out there. They tuck up out of sight until needed.
:up: 

Bladesmith

I had a 2010 Ultra. The big problem was with the cats in the headpiece it was a pig, slow with terrible pick up..A Fuel Moto head pipe turned it into a different bike.
If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan

Hossamania

Quote from: Bladesmith on January 17, 2021, 01:05:04 PM
I had a 2010 Ultra. The big problem was with the cats in the headpiece it was a pig, slow with terrible pick up..A Fuel Moto head pipe turned it into a different bike.

Headpipe and tune? Even with the stock pipe a tune helps make better power.

SixShooter14

cools them down as well. I've been on a couple stock TCs and whew, they get hot when you're stuck in construction or just stopping at lights.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Pete_Vit

I have to really examine the pipes, from what I see they are not a stock head pipe  :nix: they are Rinehart True Dual's and the bike has been tuned.
Took my first real ride yesterday to Petite-Jean, lots of hills and twisty turns, I have to say the front end feels much lighter thru the turns than the Springer, it was a great ride, now for a set of speakers, the back 2 sound like they are blown   :emsad:

Hossamania

Pete_Vit