April 16, 2024, 09:25:52 AM

News:

Time for paint

Started by motorplex88, January 16, 2021, 11:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

76shuvlinoff

Nice. Anything beyond a quick hit with a rattle can painting is outside my realm, fun to watch the progress.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

motorplex88

Got tired of fiddling with it and decided to just shoot it. I got a small area of fisheye inn a white stripe and a fleck or two of dirt , but I can live with it. My brother has been on the ventilator and in the hospital for 80 days and is now able to be released to a rehab center. I will stay with him for the next 2 weeks. When I get back I'll finish up and show all the different old crap I used on this job.

motorplex88

kd

Best wishes to your brother and his speedy recovery.
KD

motorplex88

January 31, 2021, 11:17:50 AM #54 Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 11:37:29 AM by motorplex88
This is the stuff I used along with various sandpaper and tape. The tickets show what I spent on the stuff I didn't have. Also my fancy late model paint gun I shot everything with  :hyst:

david lee

Quote from: motorplex88 on January 31, 2021, 11:17:50 AM
This is the stuff I used along with various sandpaper and tape. The tickets show what I spent on the stuff I didn't have. Also my fancy late model paint gun I shot everything with  :hyst:
ppg seems an easy paint to use

motorplex88

Finally got time to get her back together.

kd

HA, convenient comparison by going back to the first post.  I always liked the red and white colors but I gotta say the black and white with the heavy red stripe is real nice (and different too).  You did good with unknown paint quality and used what you had.  I like that too.
KD

Hossamania

That did turn out nice. Nice job.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

76shuvlinoff

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

motorplex88

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a fun project. Also got to fix alot of tinker stuff that I didn't even know was wrong. Mainly a broken frame !  :dgust:

david lee

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: david lee on March 06, 2021, 11:30:20 PM
Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on March 06, 2021, 03:40:24 AM
Looks great!
me too. not to sure about the screen

I always disliked windshields... until I got one.  :teeth:  The downside is you hear.... everything.

I ran that same windshield for years and liked it. I cut it down to match my height with the touring seat installed.  I over tightened a fastener and cracked it then it spread.  The shovel became a 2nd bike and I tossed the windshield. (My sister got in wreck when her windshield came loose and jammed up the steering on her sporty so I am leery of stuff like that)  I have a new one still in the box if I ever want to go back to the more original stance. It would work a lot better on mine if I went back to stock type handlebars.   
 - Ernest Hemingway

motorplex88

Yup. Windshields suck...till you don't have one. This one however is to tall and needs cut down a few inches. I've also entertained the idea of a fairing.

JW113

Wow that turned out really nice! Very tasteful paint scheme, well done dude. I also am not partial to windshields (or fairings), mainly because they buffet my head so bad it blurs my vision! Much prefer a sleeping back bungied to the bars if it's going to be a long ride.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

SanB2013

1976 FXE