April 19, 2024, 11:25:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

need oppinion on SCREAMIN' EAGLE 117 CVO STAGE "2" KIT (from Suburban HD)

Started by Grof, January 19, 2021, 01:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grof

Hi all,
https://www.suburbanharley.com/Parts-Catalog-Twin-Cam-Cylinder-Kits
Did anyone use this kit from Suburban harley trying to upgrade cvo 110'' ...any dyno,  any info is appreciated. tnx

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

jsachs1

I used their kit on a customer build several months ago. I also used a set of S&S wheels, as their stockers had more run out than I like. 1 thing to note is, if you want to reduce dome volume for your combination, you only have .200" crown thickness, as the underside of the pistons are milled to reduce weight. Pistons checked in at .009" in the hole. [attach=0,msg1375194]
John

Grof

Quote from: jsachs1 on January 19, 2021, 03:02:39 PM
I used their kit on a customer build several months ago. I also used a set of S&S wheels, as their stockers had more run out than I like. 1 thing to note is, if you want to reduce dome volume for your combination, you only have .200" crown thickness, as the underside of the pistons are milled to reduce weight. Pistons checked in at .009" in the hole. [attach=0,msg1375194]
John
right on , tnx

HogMike

Quote from: Grof on January 19, 2021, 01:04:37 PM
Hi all,
https://www.suburbanharley.com/Parts-Catalog-Twin-Cam-Cylinder-Kits
Did anyone use this kit from Suburban harley trying to upgrade cvo 110'' ...any dyno,  any info is appreciated. tnx

I've used their kit we checked the piston fit here and it was where my guy sets them.
Only touch up was the rig gap. One was a little rough .
Call them, ask for Rick he seems pretty knowledgeable and ships the parts out fast.
JME
:hug:
HOGMIKE
SoCal