Checking in from East Tennessee

Started by Badger711, January 21, 2021, 09:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badger711

Hey y'all,

Figured I'd make an introduction post. I'm Dalton, reside in East TN, and work under Justin & Brandon @ J&B Performance Cycles here in Mohawk TN. I've been with them for about two years now and have learned a bunch from them and still have a lot to go. Personal bike is an 07 FXDB, currently undergoing a 117 build, looking forward to getting into the drag racing scene this upcoming season.

Look forward to getting acquainted with y'all and learning what I can!
Dalton
2007 FXDB, 117"

SixShooter14

Howdy, welcome from Montana.

You're sure to find all kinds of good info in the technical sections and once you get to that point, you can get lost in the dyno and tuning sections. Have fun and don't worry about the bank account, we can keep it empty for you.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Badger711

Lots of info for sure. And tuning is the highlight of my job, I think i've looked at more dyno sheets in the past two years than the rest of my life combined. Even more fun to be the guy helping to make them.
Dalton
2007 FXDB, 117"

Hossamania

Welcome to the site, looking forward to your insights.
Do you get a chance to ride the bikes after tune? I'd be interested to hear opinions on different builds, some look similar on paper but may ride completely differently on the road.
If no one has warmed you yet, beware posts by Preacher's Son, you just never know where they might go!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Badger711

Quote from: Hossamania on January 22, 2021, 05:05:23 AM
Welcome to the site, looking forward to your insights.
Do you get a chance to ride the bikes after tune? I'd be interested to hear opinions on different builds, some look similar on paper but may ride completely differently on the road.
If no one has warmed you yet, beware posts by Preacher's Son, you just never know where they might go!

Generally yes, or Brandon. I can offer whatever knowledge I personally have but I'm not as experienced as he is (yet ;) )
Dalton
2007 FXDB, 117"

Leed

Fugawee

Badger711

Quote from: Fugawee on January 22, 2021, 09:01:28 AM
Hello from New England.

Where in? I was born & raised in Tiverton RI/Fall River area
Dalton
2007 FXDB, 117"

Fugawee

Southern CT.  My Brother in Laws (Sisters husband) family all came from Fall River.  Mostly all Fisherman, originally from Portugal.  Many migrated to New Haven, CT.  Most are no longer with Us...including My Brother in Law.

Badger711

Quote from: Fugawee on January 22, 2021, 01:29:31 PM
Southern CT.  My Brother in Laws (Sisters husband) family all came from Fall River.  Mostly all Fisherman, originally from Portugal.  Many migrated to New Haven, CT.  Most are no longer with Us...including My Brother in Law.

Sorry to hear that, but I do love some Chourico.
Dalton
2007 FXDB, 117"

Pete_Vit

93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

harttoo