April 19, 2024, 01:57:43 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TSSM Question

Started by Roadking1957, January 25, 2021, 01:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadking1957

is it possible to measure TSSM without mounting it on the motorcycle?
If so, how do you do then?

Random error when I need to alarm the motorcycle, Sometimes the alarm works as intended, and sometime is almost impossibl to either set the alarm on or off.New battery in the motorcycle and new battery in FOB-no difference.
Turn signals work as intended.

Coyote

You mean test a TSSM? If so, then yes it's possible (the factory does it) but practically, no, you'd need both hardware and software you likely don't have.

The antennas sometimes go bad. If you can borrow one from a buds bike you can see if that's the issue.

Does placing the FOB on the seat help?

Roadking1957

Hi again!
Yes I mean test the TSSM  without mounting it on the motorcycle.
I don't have the antenna on my bike, I have the alarm without antenna.
No, It doesn't help If I placing the FOB on the seat.

Well I guess I have to buy a new TSSM :banghead:

Coyote

The siren module and TSSM are two different modules. The FOB portion is only related to the TSSM or HFSM. You did not specify the bike you have, which is required when posting here, so I don't know which module you have. The HFSM always has an external antenna. The TSSM does not.

Roadking1957

January 25, 2021, 05:18:11 PM #4 Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 05:27:55 PM by Coyote
Hi!
I know that the TSSM and the siren module are two different modules, I have disconnected the siren because the internal battery Is "bad", I could not see anything that looks like an antenna on the siren.
My bike Is an 2001 Road King, and the alarm has worked flawlessy for at least 10 year until now.
The TSSM P/N Is 68924-00C.
Can a bad battery in the siren cause problem like I describes??

Coyote

No I don't think so. As I said above, the TSSM antenna is not external. Have you tried another FOB?

Hossamania

Does it seem to happen in the same spot all the time, or does it happen everywhere. There have been instances of radio interference, moving the bike away from the area some distance allows it to operate properly.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Roadking1957

It happen everywhere.
I have only one FOB

Rodman

If you are talking about......not able to arm/disarm with the FOB....
You can arm/Disarm with the turn signal buttons.....if you know the super secret batman code that was programmed into it after delivery.....in 01 they handed you instructions on a VCR tape when you took delivery and told you to program it.....it was 4 or 5 digits that you had to morse code into it with the signal buttons. They also told you to never loose it cause the code can't be overridden at the dealer once it's set.
Don't know if you are original owner, or got any paperwork when you bought it......maybe your lucky and it's hand written on a page in the owners manual. If not.......you are out of luck.
My guess is the contact on the rubber button on the fob is shot.
If you crack open the FOB and look at the backside of the rubber button, there's a little circle in the center. It looks like it's only rubber, but it's conductive, and the conductive coating wears off from use. In a pinch you can crazy glue a tiny piece of tin foil to the little circle to make it work. (Try this in a hotel room)(LOL)
If you have the super secret code you can program a second FOB if they still can be bought.
There are many videos (Fix my HOG has one) on how to program/access/add a FOB to the TSSM.
If you can't find same I can copy the pages out of the service manual...
HOpe this helps. :pop:

Roadking1957

Yes I´m talking about arm/disarm with the FOB.

I have never tried to either arm or disarm the alarm with the signal buttons, but someday should be the first :bike:
I have the "batman code" written in my paperwork, I will try the signal button trick next time when I try to disarm/arm the alarm If I succeedd to disarm the alarm of course :SM:
I have another FOB  I will try next time, and I hope that the new FOB will work

Thanks for your replay :up:

Rodman

if the "new" FOB is (for lack of a better term) Generic, you will have to do the batman code thingy to learn it.
You can also swap the rubber part out to see if it makes your old one work.
If you can't find the learn procedure on the WWW I can send you the SM pages and a bottle of Motrin! :bike:

Roadking1957

January 26, 2021, 04:13:40 PM #11 Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 04:18:08 PM by Roadking1957
Thnk´s
I Think I need bottle of Motrin instantly :hyst: because i have scan the www for information how exactly how to do the "batman code thingy" in order to learn the new fob to "marry my alarm" :scoot:
If there is no difference after that, well I guess that the TSSM will go in the dust bin :turd: I guess.
But first i will try to do the signal button trick, and maybe i try to swap the rubber part on the fob (It´s an original HD fob)
PS: What Is a SM page? Sounds filthy :))

Coyote

FFS, just marry another FOB. Its easy on your tssm.  :doh:

Rodman

Quote from: Coyote on January 26, 2021, 04:30:08 PM
FFS, just marry another FOB. Its easy on your tssm.  :doh:

SERVICE MANUAL.....the secret decoder pages....
I remember watching the VCR tape HD Gave me and said, you have to be kidding!
Went back to stealer and told them to program it to the last several digits of the VIN so I wouldn't loose it.

Hossamania

As far as setting a new code or using it to lock and unlock the bike, it is not that hard, but it is not as easy as pushing the button!
Changed the codes on both of my bikes in a few minutes, took a couple starts but eventually got it. At least now I know what the code is, not some random number.
The original code is not needed if the alarm is not set.
Google can find the sequence needed if no manual, or on the road.

Coyote

It's not difficult and you don't need the service manual. It's in the owner's manual.

Hossamania

Correct. Now that I think about it, I did use the owners manual rather than the service manual. Even wrote the new code on the book. Don't really need it though, 1,2,3,4,5 isn't that hard to remember...

Coyote

He needs to marry a fob, not change the pin.

kd

:doh:  Well now we know Hoss's secret code / numbers.  :slap:  Just need to find out where he parks.  :smiled:
KD

Coyote

Quote from: kd on January 27, 2021, 04:59:55 PM
:doh:  Well now we know Hoss's secret code / numbers.  :slap:  Just need to find out where he parks.  :smiled:

I have a Centurion... I don't need no stinking code.  :SM:

kd

..... and I'll bet you know where he parks too.   :hyst:
KD

Hossamania

Quote from: Coyote on January 27, 2021, 04:42:57 PM
He needs to marry a fob, not change the pin.

I know that, just offering a work around until he gets it done.

Rodman

Quote from: Coyote on January 27, 2021, 05:03:46 PM

So the techno research stuff can talk to an 01 TSSM?.....Ha!
I didn't think there was any serial data on that model year....except the Speedo to TSSM to cancel turn signals.
Me just remember stealer saying if I lost code TSSM was FUBAR'd.

1,2,3,4,....Geezus H.....could have put a little more effort in that one!
Like using the tail end of the VIN and not telling anybody.... :oops:

Best alarm I have seen was a battery operated wireless doorbell for a house with a 44 Mag next to the bell..... :SM:
He just kept the bell part on the nightstand next to the alarm clock in the hotel room.

Coyote

Quote from: Rodman on January 28, 2021, 10:28:17 AM

I don't think Hoss has an '01.  :slap:

Hossamania

Quote from: Coyote on January 28, 2021, 10:37:48 AM
Quote from: Rodman on January 28, 2021, 10:28:17 AM

I don't think Hoss has an '01.  :slap:

I actually do!
And a '12.
Same code on both now. 1,2,3... Well, you know.