May 02, 2024, 01:59:47 PM

News:

Cam bearing retainer plate -00 TC-B

Started by xlfan, January 26, 2021, 03:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlfan

January 26, 2021, 03:24:29 AM Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 01:01:22 PM by FSG
I find this wear kind of disturbing. This must mean that the outer rear roller cam bearing are rotating in camplate, thrusting inwards against retainer plate.

Does anyone use Loctite 638 or 641 on this bearing in order to hopefully stop that rotation?

[attach=0,msg1375967]

[attach=1,msg1375967] 

rigidthumper

I think, if the bearing to cam support plate "fit", is loose enough for the bearing shell to rotate, it's time for a new plate (and retainer).
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

smoserx1

Rodman

The S & S instructions I got with my cams states:
"If either Bearing will slip into the bore, use Red Locktite 271 on bearing outer race during installation."
Looks like that didn't happen if the cams were replaced, and since it spun enough to eat that much of the steel retainer I would be interested to know how much of the cam plate the bearing ate as well.
Sure hope all those steel shavings only ate the scavenge side of the oil pump and got caught by the oil filter.... :emoGroan:

FSG

the S&S Cam Bearing Plate - 33-5212  ......   around $10 or so is the plate to use,
it has a raised area that presses against the outer bearing preventing it from rotating

the HD plate just stops the bearing from falling out

doctorevil

WHen I come across this I loctite the bearing and peen the alum in 5 places equally spaced

xlfan

It is actually a pressfit between .0005" and .001" for the rear bearing in plate, and it has spun a tad.