April 16, 2024, 12:41:11 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Goodson valve spring compressor

Started by Rodman, January 26, 2021, 10:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodman

Anybody use one of these on a bagger frame with the flat plate that's on the frame by the rear cylinder?
Not a lot of room between the rear exhaust valve and this plate.
01 FLHT

kd

If you mean this tool , I have.  It is worth every penny even if you only use it once.  I don't remember any issues using it on a 2011 Road Glide Ultra.
KD

Ohio HD

You can remove the front motor mount and the top link, the motor will drop down a little and gain clearance. I would loosen the drive belt as well.

kd

Ohio, that's the cylinder that I had the rings line up on while on the dyno a couple of years ago.  It showed up as oil in the throttle body on a compression check.  I was close enough to Goodson that I went there and bought that tool so I could check my valve seals and guides before pulling the barrel. I am sure it fit in the touring frame and I removed all of the springs and seals on all 4 valves.
KD

Ohio HD

I didn't say you have to, but why not make more room?

Rodman

Thanks for the verification on the frame clearance....didn't want to toss $$ on a useless tool.
And *thanks* for the tip to get more room...my big hands and bifocals appreciate it!

Ohio HD

Quote from: Rodman on January 26, 2021, 03:37:54 PM
Thanks for the verification on the frame clearance....didn't want to toss $$ on a useless tool.
And *thanks* for the tip to get more room...my big hands and bifocals appreciate it!

You and me both.     :up:

Clayton24

Ive used the same tool i have one it does work pretty good