April 24, 2024, 12:07:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Looking for a new exhaust

Started by rking1550, January 27, 2021, 11:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rking1550

I know this had been asked many times. I used the search but still a little confused. Lol
Bikes  a 01 roadking with a 120"
11.3 compression T-man 662-2 cams.
Current exhaust is a older S&S sidewinder 2 into 1.
I want to stay with a 2 into 1,  T-man suggested the D&D boarzilla. But my research says that its obnoxious loud. I don't want that. I'm good with loud, just not obnoxious. looking for a pipe that will perform well, but not overly loud.
Looking into the Road Rage B1.
Any thoughts or  other exhaust suggestions are welcome. TIA   
124"@ 11.1 to 1, T-man 662-2, T-man thumper, woods CV 51 carb,  Bassini RR

kd

This is an example of 2 pipes with almost identicle engine build specs as yours.  I have compared the 662-2 and 660SM graphs previously to be near identical.  The blue graph id the Dragula 1 w/2.55" baffle and the red is a 3" Burns.  The Dragula is "reasonable" when not getting on it and speaks up when you do. The Burns is loud and can be obnoxiously loud if you're a squirrel around town and don't count on a good listening experience with a stereo.  I presently have a fixture that reduces the sound level but it has not been on the dyno to prove it's effectiveness at the goal in maintaining power and raising torque.

KD

speedzter

I run a Boarzilla on my 120 Dyna.
It's really not that loud, I don't understand why people say it is !

Impossible to get a real life sound on video:
https://youtu.be/s3HzFOCBO7o

Ohio HD

I have a Boarzilla on my TC 124". Under 2,600 RPM cruising or easy throttle, it's not bad. Hammer down, they hear you coming for five miles.

It's not really bad when riding easy, other than that, like I said....    LOUD!

That being said, I've never been stopped for noise. Or even after I was stopped for other thinks....   noise was ever mentioned.    :idunno:

Nastytls

Quote from: kd on January 27, 2021, 11:46:45 AM
This is an example of 2 pipes with almost identicle engine build specs as yours.  I have compared the 662-2 and 660SM graphs previously to be near identical.  The blue graph id the Dragula 1 w/2.55" baffle and the red is a 3" Burns.  The Dragula is "reasonable" when not getting on it and speaks up when you do. The Burns is loud and can be obnoxiously loud if you're a squirrel around town and don't count on a good listening experience with a stereo.  I presently have a fixture that reduces the sound level but it has not been on the dyno to prove it's effectiveness at the goal in maintaining power and raising torque.

I've ordered a Burns for a build in progress. Do you have any pictures of the fixture you've made? Did it make it much quieter, or was it just to boost low end torque?

rking1550

Anyone have thoughts/opinions on the  RoadRage pipe ? And what's the differences between the B1 & B4

C-Cat

I'm running Boarzilla with wrapped (quiet) Baffle. Not bad at all, but will roar when you put the hammer down. Looks, sound, fit and finish are high quality IMO.
124ci. 07 Streetbob 161/145
110ci. '11 Roadglide  129/127

rking1550

I'm ok with loud when hammering down on it. I actually like that. Lol
I just don't want real loud when cruising at 3000- 3500 rpms.

Hybredhog

I've got a Borezilla on my 124, and I think with anything with bags keeps the noise behind you, So not bad on "MY" ears. But the OL does stay back about 50ft. to be comfortable. As noise go, I always thought Supertrapp were the quietest overall. I just installed a Road Rage on a 110 dyna with 11:1, and it has a pretty good CRACK! to its voice, a good sound, but kind of load.
'01 FXDXT, '99 FXDL/XRD, '76 FLH

Tireman

I'm running the Dracula 1 with the 3" baffle on my 124" @ 11.45 cr with S&S 640s. Cruising is tolerable, open it up and it's loud. The 2.55" baffle wrapped is alot quieter but the 3" performed better on my build.
1984 FLHS 80" 57/61  2009 SG Mega Flo 124"152/154
2011 TG Mega Flo 117" 116/127