April 20, 2024, 07:03:46 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Recommendations for slip-ons

Started by Matty_d, January 29, 2021, 05:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty_d

Looking for a new set of slip-ons that will help move the torque curve to the left. I have read about the louvered core but not sure which one have the louvered core. Here is my current build

2009 FLHTCU, 107 CI,
Darkhorse Crank
Suburban Speed pistons 4.4cc
S&S 84.6cc heads 10.77 comp,
T-Man 5902PS cams
SE 58mm TB 5.3 injectors
S&S stealth air cleaner
D&D X-cat headpipe, Supertrapp slip-ons (not the ones with discs)
Power Vision and Target Tune

rigidthumper

I'd try to find a set of Crusher Mellows.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

92flhtcu

can you post the dyno sheet? There might not be a magic muffler set that will do it, in our dyno experience, 4" seem to do better than most 4.5" as far as keeping it left-ish....
Need a bigger garage

Matty_d

I have a set of Crusher Mellow. Now to find a good tuner in Wisconsin that will tune with dark side rear tire. Fuel Moto is not my first option.

rigidthumper

Make sure they know what the speed rating of your back tire is- lots of guys like to do power pulls in high gear- which is 140+ MPH on late model 6 speeds ( realm of a "V", or better, rated tire) .
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Ohio HD

Wisconsin is a big state, if you're near Bob, you might ask him. But I doubt anyone will want to dyno with a car tire on the bike. If something goes wrong, it's potentially more than bike damage that could occur. Possibly the dyno gets damaged. 

https://www.facebook.com/RazorbackPerformanceAndDynoTuning

Matty_d

Thanks, I am already starting to look think about putting a MT back on for the tuning. I might reach out to Bob to check. He is about 4 hours from me but I'd rather travel for a good tune.

tommy g

I have used the Khromewerks HP+ slip ons with the stock  Softail interconnect. They did very well (and sound perfect) and the curve was way to the left of 2 popular 2 into ones. Tuned by the same gent as well..
09 FLSTC
85 FXEF