March 28, 2024, 07:25:33 PM

News:

2018 RG

Started by hogmandon, February 04, 2021, 08:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogmandon

I have a friend looking to buy a 2018 SERG are there any problems with them. I have read about oil transfer and cam plate issues so was wondering if these were fixed.
Thank you for any info

Jobie

My 2018 107 King [ slip-ons only ] had on-going issues with migration, after the primary vent installed and sumping.  In the last year of the warranty during the beginning
of winter my dealer installed, under warranty the new 2020 style 8 lobe oil pump.  Rode it all last summer and had 12oz's in the crankcase with the new pump at the end of summer. No warranty left.  Better but not fixed, just like the oil migration, slightly better but not fixed.  Another HD bottom line bandaid fix.  Just put in an S&S plate and pump along with a Red Shift 468 cam.  Not sure of the results as of yet, I live in the rust belt.  Only ran on the dyno.  Stock head pipe w/Cat, Rush slip-ons, K&N filter 100.4 HP / 120.8 TQ

Pirsch Fire Wagon

There is a newer Oil Pump [Larger Scavenging Port], it should have the newer Camplate, the Oil Transfer can be eliminated using the Vent Tube kit ($60) + Labor. Easy DIY.
Tom

sandrooney

I have an 18 Heritage 114, V&H slip on's and PV tuner. No issues with it.
Patience is such a waste of time .