April 19, 2024, 06:46:05 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS cam selector or just vtune?

Started by anthonyflhx, February 05, 2021, 03:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyflhx

February 07, 2021, 03:36:48 PM #25 Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 06:27:49 PM by anthonyflhx
ok, so today I was able to squeeze in 8 vtune runs. I think the best looking ve tables were number 3 and 8. Now in number 8 ve tables, some cells are purple that were white in number 3. Weird, but maybe because those cells didnt get enough data on 8th run?
So my question is:
Can I manually change those cells in mastertune? In theory, combining the 3 and 8 I would have a mostly white cell ve table for range i mostly ride in. Am i going in right direction or is that a train wreck?

In all 8 runs I only got one egr adjustment screen from vtune. I chose apply but not sure i should have. Ive attached that screen cap for your review.

Otherwise I think bike sounds and rides better. Still had a couple throttle flubs in 2k and 2500k rpm area, but once I get the map figured out, I can do a flight recorder to see exactly where and why the flubs are coming in.

98fxstc

Nothing wrong with using EGR adjustment
very useful tool that should solve any decel popping
It is strange that the VEs haven't settled more from run 3 to run 8
You can edit them but the engine will ask for what it wants
Have you checked to make sure there are no occasional intake or exhaust leaks which may skew results
If you are using Flight Recorder for your vtuning you should be able to look at the flubs in the data logs
When it happens, do a double throttle blip to mark the occurrence in the log
Pull the clutch in and give it a couple of blips so you know where to look
You should be having a look at a throttle blip as per The Wiz to verify response before you go further.
It could improve by changing cam settings which are not set in concrete
Then your VEs will have to be done again, but it does sound as though you have something else going on