March 29, 2024, 08:30:32 AM

News:

2011 Fat Bob, compensator silencer

Started by xlfan, February 10, 2021, 01:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlfan

Would it be possible to quiet down a stock 2011 compensator with part no 10300021, .031" shim?

Baddyna

I have tried that,, Got a little big better but Its a band aid not a soloution. Either new style H-D comp or aftermarket : Darkhorse, Baker etc

kd

There's a few threads on a couple of different things that you can do.  I seem to remember some machining or stacking an extra spring disc on it.  Try the search feature and check them out.  If it is worn deep from the well known lube starvation it may not be worth rescuing.  The 14+ unit seems to be the real fix and as said, it can be set up with shims if necessary. There's a sticky in twin cam for that.  The Darkhorse comp seems to be getting good reviews also.  I'm happy with my 14+ SE Comp behind a big block and have no experience with the Darkhorse.
KD

xlfan

Going for the Darkhorse 32T comp as soon as they will have it back in stock. A bandaid solution is therefore acceptable. 

kd

In that case, maybe FSG (or someone else) will see this thread and direct you to other more useful threads on stretching out the life span of that vintage of compensator.  IIRC adding a small diameter bellows spring disc and / or a trimming / machining of the component stack is a suggested cure to a loose assembly.
KD

xlfan

I think I have read the thread regarding the small dia bellow spring disc by FSG, but I didn't get where to get that small dia bellow spring disc.