April 18, 2024, 12:25:38 PM

News:

Recluse Torque Drive and vpc.

Started by 838, February 21, 2021, 10:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are some bulletproof clutch basket options that work with the recluse plates and a VPC? Bike will have SE compensator and a twin power annual tensioner. Trying to have the whole primary as strong as possible 👍.

Thanks

turboprop

I am running a Rekluse clutch pack and a VPC in a TC basket. That being said, neither of the components you mention have special requirements for a baskets. Both of them are comparable either individually or as a set with any OEM or aftermarket replacement clutch basket.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Quote from: turboprop on February 21, 2021, 11:02:40 AM
I am running a Rekluse clutch pack and a VPC in a TC basket. That being said, neither of the components you mention have special requirements for a baskets. Both of them are comparable either individually or as a set with any OEM or aftermarket replacement clutch basket.

Thanks. Aren't the stock baskets susceptible to failure on high power builds?

kd

Yes, IMO that's the deciding factor.  Maybe turboprop will show you a pic of what could happen.  He ran a bit of a thread on his experience with a failure.  :dgust:
KD

turboprop

Quote from: 838 on February 21, 2021, 11:48:12 AM
Quote from: turboprop on February 21, 2021, 11:02:40 AM

Thanks. Aren't the stock baskets susceptible to failure on high power builds?

They can be. I simply wanted to point out that your reference to Rekluse and VPC really has no bearing on the interoperability of the baskets.

There are are a bunch of companies reselling and relabeling the billet basket made by Evo Industries.

Yes, I had a TC clutch basket break in half while traveling at about 70 mph on a public road. In all fairness, that basket had been on several bikes with big block engines and had countless dyno pulls as well as a a couple seasons on the race track and a bunch of years on the street. It was behind my TC124 (158hp SAE) in my red/white FXR. You can find pics of all this if you are willing to do a little work.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Trask or Barnett. Yes OEM Suck, even for stock. The Rekluse and VPC work VERY well together. This is definitely one of my go to setups !I also use High Torque Bearing Kit by Baker in the build.
Tom

Ohio HD

Quote from: Pirsch Fire Wagon on February 21, 2021, 12:35:29 PM
Trask or Barnett. Yes OEM Suck, even for stock. The Rekluse and VPC work VERY well together. This is definitely one of my go to setups !I also use High Torque Bearing Kit by Baker in the build.

Like turboprop said, they're all made by Evolution Industries. Rebranded for others like Barnett and Trask.

Great info. Thanks. Can you buy just the basket on its own from Evo?

kd

Yes. Without or with starter gear and 46 or 49 tooth sprocket - and primary chain if 49 for the reduced primary ratio.
KD

Quote from: Pirsch Fire Wagon on February 21, 2021, 12:35:29 PM

When installing the vpc with the rekluse I'm guessing you do not install the spring cap provided by rekluse, and the vpc takes its place?

bobrk1

838 asked  a good  question  does the vpc take  place  of  the  plate and  springs  in kit, or can it not  be  used ?