April 24, 2024, 11:01:06 PM

News:

1995 Dyna Factory HD Manuals question

Started by 1982fxr, March 22, 2021, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1982fxr

I see a service manual for 1995 Dynas.

I dont see a regular parts manual though.  I'm seeing a 1995 1340 parts catalog and a 1995+1996 1340 parts catalog.  So they just put all the big twin parts manuals in one book?

Not used to seeing that configuration.

Scotty

Actually they have a 93-94 1340 parts manual and a 95-96 part manual and they did it like that until 1997 or 1998.
Some years cover 3 years like 87-90 and some cover 10-15 years of a series of models of bikes.
It's actually quite good when looking for parts because some parts are used over all models Softails, Dyna, Touring & FXR
Looks like you are about to become used to it now  :hyst:

One of the Sportster parts manuals I have covers 1954-1976 XLH XLCH 1000 Sportster so that 22 years but it works.

FSG

Scotty

March 23, 2021, 12:18:10 AM #3 Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 12:24:57 AM by Scotty
Quote from: FSG on March 22, 2021, 10:55:47 PM

I reckon HD came out with those later and used the -96A suffix because when you used to walk into a dealer back in the 80's & 90's they had the parts books on the counter in a bolted down binder and they were the 1340 parts catalogs.
Because 99450-94A and 99450-96 no longer exist on HD's literature list and they are the 1340 all model parts catalogs which I have.
Now nothing on the counter and all on computer.

1982fxr

Can I get these online or something?  Or on disc?

I know manuals were never cheap but the ebay prices are stupid high except the beat up ones and I dont want to shell out all that money to eventually find missing pages or unreadable text.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Service Information Portal - They're all there https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/content/document/view?id=272985&parameters=highlight%3D99439-96A&options.inTitle=true&options.inDescription=true&terms=99439-96A&options.inContent=true
Tom

Fugawee

If You use the info that Pirsch Fire Wagon provided, You can get a lot of good info there.  I have bought many manuals, new and used; on Ebay.  From Car, Truck, HD, Machinery, etc. with no complaints.  The used manuals that I bought I have no complaints about.  There were one or two with a couple of greasy prints on them, a couple of phone #'s inside the cover, and some with high lighted info in a certain section.  But, nothing that was ineligible, or pages missing.  I have also bought manuals on disc, only a couple; when that was all I could find, and brought them to Staples or Kinko's, or a place like that and had them printed out, and placed in a binder.  Cost a couple of bucks, but was worth it in My opinion.  I don't care for using a disc...and going up/down, back and forth in a laptop while working on, or looking something up.  I also prefer true H-D, or other MFR's manuals...I don't care for the aftermarket one's.  Some like them, but I don't.  I also drill holes in My manuals that line up with a 3 ring notebook binder...they seem to last a lot longer that way.
Sometimes at a Motorcycle swap meet You can snag a few good deals on new, and used manuals also.
I also don't lend them out...I got screwed once many years back doing that, and that's all it took.  I don't mind looking up something for somebody to help em' out, or letting them look something up...but the book stays here.