April 24, 2024, 11:17:24 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

m8 cam

Started by bxbutch, March 28, 2021, 01:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bxbutch

I  have 2020 heritage 114 what cam would be best suited for touring & keeping engine cool Thanks Butch

kd

Here is some good reading while you wait for responses.
KD

Buglet

Just put in a Wood WM8-22x. ended with good results. Runs smooth and keeps pulling.

rigidthumper

If you're keeping the factory warranty, use the SE447 torque cam and SE tuner.
If you're done with the factory warranty, I like the TTS150, RS468, or WM8-22X, and TTS or Power Vision tuner.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

flh canuck

Gonna throw my endorsement in for the Zippers Red Shift 468.

Makes plenty of torque down low and keeps pulling right to red line. My bike is a 107 but I expect you would get similar results with the 114. My engine also runs significantly cooler compared to stock with the RS 468 cam and Power Vision tuner. Seems to run around 260 now compared to 300 or more with stock engine.

You definitely want a cam that makes lots of torque down low cause if the cam is biased for peak horsepower, you will be disappointed with it in everyday street riding.
2018 Ultra Limited. Back in black!

Hillside Motorcycle

We constantly use/stock those Red Shift .468's for use in both 107" and 114"s.
HUGE torque delivery, and when at 55-65 mph highway speeds, you are "in" the torque...just twist the throttle.
Finished another 114" yesterday with that cam.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Pirsch Fire Wagon

While I really like the Cams mentioned above. And, have used them all.

However, for the expense and return in performance, as per your question: "best suited for touring & keeping engine cool " It's pretty hard to beat the Screamin' Eagle Milwaukee-Eight Stage II - Torque Kit [Part Number: 92500047].

Tom

Buglet

You can't bet that for what you get.

yobtaf103

SE447 in a heritage with D&D Fatcat = well impressed

Hillside Motorcycle

The Red Shift .472 will smack almost as hard, but have it's peak about 200 rpms farther out.
Just sent another 124" home to NJ, last Saturday, with an S&S .550, D&D Billet Cat, 64mm, with other goodies, etc, but without headwork.........139 hp/150 ft/lbs.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"