March 28, 2024, 01:52:14 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Audio - CB breaking in during AUX playback

Started by Pete_Vit, April 13, 2021, 12:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete_Vit

Well hopefully I posted to the correct board this time and I can get some help;
Standard Harman Karin head unit, 2010 Ultra Classic;
I've read the fine manual and I cannot figure out why on AUX I see CB below the AUX display, while listening to my music on my phone I get an irritating static CB  breaking in, I cannot figure out why this is happening, any help I'd appreciate
thanks
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

Coyote

Because you have the CB turned on and the squelch is set too low.

Pete_Vit

well my bad again, how do I turn the CB off, that's my question - I didn't see how to turn it off or mess with squelch
any help ?

PoorUB

Quelch is one of the up/down buttons on the left hand controls. seems to me it was the button farthest from the grip. with the bike on it will show up on the screen like the volume. Just crank it up if you don't use the CB. Pretty sure you can shut off the CB through the hand controls, I don't remember how as I used the CB often so it was always on.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Pete_Vit

Quote from: PoorUB on April 14, 2021, 05:42:44 AM
Quelch is one of the up/down buttons on the left hand controls. seems to me it was the button farthest from the grip. with the bike on it will show up on the screen like the volume. Just crank it up if you don't use the CB. Pretty sure you can shut off the CB through the hand controls, I don't remember how as I used the CB often so it was always on.
Thanks PoorUB, I finally found it, I must have hit the squelch when I wanted to turn up/down the volume, I found (FINALLY) in the manual how to turn off the CB.  thanks again  :up: