March 28, 2024, 10:51:13 PM

News:

SE 55 MM Intake Manifold #27300167

Started by Deye76, April 01, 2021, 08:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deye76

For M8. Anybody hear of problems with these breaking at the mounting ears?

East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Tom

Deye76

Quote from: Pirsch Fire Wagon on April 01, 2021, 10:11:14 AM
Installed perhaps 50, no comebacks.

:up: I figured the guy put it in a bind somehow. Thanks.

Hossamania

It could have been a one off manufacturing defect, it happens. Or, he ham fisted it into place...
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

FloridaJim5

Deye76,  What's the main reason you install the aluminum intake?  Is it better performing or is it just to get the plastic manifold off the engine?

Just curious....I'd like to install one on my M8 because I just don't like a plastic intake manifold on a Harley, but I have no real reason to change something that's working. 

Jim

remington007

The plastic shrinks in the flange to head area, creating a air leak. Take the air cleaner assembly off and see if the throttle body freely moves up and down. They can get very loose. (Could also spray carb spray at the joint too.)

Deye76

"Is it better performing or is it just to get the plastic manifold off the engine?"
Both, from what I've been told.
What remington 007 wrote.

joes124

The plastic dissipates heat better, that helps keep the air/fuel cooler, and that allows for more timing which aids in making more hp and tq.

To The Max

Get that plastic manifold and run over it with your car. have fitted 3 to 107 and 114 all three owners felt a improvement . no dyno work to prove it though. Max

Deye76

Quote from: joes124 on April 08, 2021, 07:07:15 PM
The plastic dissipates heat better, that helps keep the air/fuel cooler, and that allows for more timing which aids in making more hp and tq.

Sounds like theory from a automotive engineer. Won't dissipate much heat with a air leak. Plastic might be OK in a water cooled engine.

Rokinrider

Anyone got they're hands on the S&S aluminum intake? Like the Harley it's in big demand.
Mclintock! swell party were the whiskey?

Buglet

I have one sitting here looks like it was casted in a third country, other than that the machine works looks good. Harley casting looks a lot better.