April 25, 2024, 03:40:06 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

110 cam suggestion please

Started by 1stop, April 02, 2021, 06:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1stop

i got a 07 ultra. crank shifted & decided to got 110. want to run stock heads at around 10.5 compression. low budget build. any suggestions on cam would be appreciated. thanks

1stop

kd

I don't have any real cam advice but lots of others will.  How many miles on the engine and heads?  It will be a shame to put it back together and find out you need guides or seals later.  Head work is as critical for low RPM builds as it is to the High rpm power builds.  Consider having someone like our site vendors do a "good" valve job and cleanup.  You will need good cylinder fill rates for low RPM power and torque.  It will be money very well spent.
KD

1stop

going to be a fresh build going back together.

rigidthumper

Stock 96 heads will limit the HP, and I'd strongly advise adding ACRs to those heads to promote starter life. The drop on 110 kits yield 10.3-10.6 CR with 96/103" heads, depending on head gasket used and deck height.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Ohio HD

There are a few drop in 110 kits with stock 96" heads using the S&S 585 cams. They make for a strong running bike. 

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,97475.msg1136873.html#msg1136873

NHBagger

He should probably tell where he wants his performance....low end tq or big end hp?

kd

Quote from: NHBagger on April 02, 2021, 05:27:03 PM
He should probably tell where he wants his performance....low end tq or big end hp?

Post #2?   :wink:
KD

RTMike

For good rideable power TTS 150 with 10-10.3:1 works good with the right exhaust.

Hillside Motorcycle

An S&S .570 will cover a lot of territory, low, mid, upper, at 10.3 cr.
If however wanting the full boat, our Stage III Super-Tour Heads, or Stage IV's, T-Man 660-PS-2, at least a 55mm t/body and a good pipe, and tune.
Expect it to hover at 130/130.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"