April 17, 2024, 10:37:43 PM

News:

s&s quickies on a twin cam

Started by Raleigh111, April 03, 2021, 08:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raleigh111

Replacing lifters and cam on 2013 cvo 110 that is noisy. Which S&S quickie set do i need on a twin cam as i dont want to pull the tank and rocker box covers. Do i need the s&s tubes also? Thanks in advance guys. also picked up the high capacity lifters from harley. they have a red mark on them???? Do they go in a certain way?? Do you still set the deppth to about 4 flats?
Harleys are addicting and im out of money. Accepting donations! 120 132hp 146tq

RTMike

Screaming Eagle taper kit is good and cheaper

kd

Quote from: Raleigh111 on April 03, 2021, 08:09:05 AM
Replacing lifters and cam on 2013 cvo 110 that is noisy. Which S&S quickie set do i need on a twin cam as i dont want to pull the tank and rocker box covers. Do i need the s&s tubes also? Thanks in advance guys. also picked up the high capacity lifters from harley. they have a red mark on them???? Do they go in a certain way?? Do you still set the deppth to about 4 flats?

:scratch:  The depth in number of turns or flats will depend on the threads per inch (TPI) of the adjuster in the pushrods you end up with.
KD

Raleigh111

I think most are 32 threads per inch but yea should mention that for sure. I usually set .120 deep, just not sure about these new screaming eagle lifters.

turboprop

Quote from: Raleigh111 on April 03, 2021, 08:09:05 AM

Have you considered simply looking at the lifters you picked up to see if they have the red mark?

'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

smoserx1

QuoteDo i need the s&s tubes also?

More than likely.  The stock tubes are too long to permit easy access to the adjustment of most adjustable push rods.  I believe the Screaming Eagle Ones used to or still do come with the shorter tubes (I know for certain when I put mine in I used different tubes).

calif phil

106-6051 is the chrome kit, S&S also has a kit in black. 

les

Quote from: RTMike on April 03, 2021, 08:15:28 AM

I'd have to agree, because the S&S I've used still required me to remove the lifter block covers.  Then, put the pushrods in with the lifter block covers as a single step.  The longer S&S I used for my 124" would not go in even with the lifter block covers removed.  That required the rockers to come off and go in from the top.  As mentioned, the SE quicky tapered have worked very well for me with lots of applications in the past, at less cost.

Raleigh111

Picked up the screaming eagle ones. Yes they came with shorter tubes and longer retainer clips. Nice setup and easy to install. Instructions said to set them 2.5 turns deep.  Thanks for suggestion!

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Quote from: Raleigh111 on April 07, 2021, 05:31:33 AM
Picked up the screaming eagle ones. Yes they came with shorter tubes and longer retainer clips. Nice setup and easy to install. Instructions said to set them 2.5 turns deep.  Thanks for suggestion!

I prefer these. And, as stated, less expensive than just about anyone out there. Good Quality.
Tom

Buglet

I agree you cannot beat the Scream Eagle pushrods. Being using them for years.

Propflux01

What cam and lifters are you changing from, to what's going in??
A Shovel And A 55-Gallon Drum Can Solve Alot Of Life's Little "Issues"...