April 23, 2024, 08:55:23 PM

News:

starter solenoid end cap screw size ??

Started by jmorton10, April 08, 2021, 04:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmorton10

I had replaced the end cap on my 07 RK solenoid a few years back with one of those push button ones (this is the 3rd bike I have used it on).  Yesterday, I noticed two of the three screws are missing & I don't have a spare starter kicking around to steal the screws from.

I looked up the screw in my parts manual, but all it gave me was the part # for the screw but doesn't say what size it is. I took the part # to my local Harley dealer & tried to get the official Harley screws but no luck there.  The part # (31689-90) is obsolete with no new # to replace it.

Does anybody know what size those screws are ??

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

PoorUB

I came up with M4 x 0.7 x 12 Hex Head with Washer Bolt P/N 31689-90
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

kd

April 08, 2021, 05:39:37 AM #2 Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 05:45:21 AM by kd
 :up: John, I  just finished sorting that out myself.  They are metric M4-0.70 X 12 mm.  Don't let yourself be tricked into the 8/32 because they are real close but not correct.  You should be able to find them in stainless or chrome from a fastener supply (like Mc Master Carr or Allen's) but I couldn't find them locally and used plated to get me by for now.
KD

jmorton10

HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

FSG