March 28, 2024, 05:43:21 AM

News:

VROD MUSCLE

Started by Buglet, April 12, 2021, 05:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buglet

2013 With no ABS. How do you turn of the ABS light, stays on all the time. History not know. 

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Buglet

It had ever code in it when I check it, but no ABS codes. Cleared all still stays on. I don't know if it had a new ECM put in and maybe the wrong cal. put in it. 

rigidthumper

The IM (instrument module) receives a digital signal (Pin 7, serial data, light green/violet) from the ECM that provides speedo data & system codes info. On ABS equipped bikes, the ABS ECU is connected to that same wire, & the ABS module would provide any ABS specific codes, and the ECM would provide system codes. It is entirely possible that the current ECM software is looking for the ABS module, but in the absence of ABS components, I don't believe that light should even turn on. Is there a spot for a 30 amp ABS fuse in the fuse panel?
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

rbabos

Sounds like ABS components were eliminated but the ECM is still looking for it. This is what happens when a HCU fails and owner is faced with paying 1k to replace that POS with another POS. The plumbing of the lines,  unless the previous owner used factory non ABS lines will confirm this.
Ron

Buglet

I should get back on it when I get the rest of parts I'am waiting for. I do some more checking and see what's up with it.

Buglet

Has to get hook up to DT and the Mothership will program it off.

rbabos

I'm really surprised they will do that legally unless all non ABS factory lines are in place.
Ron

kd

If ABS is an option on that model year it may not matter.  It can be with or without in a case like that.
KD

rbabos

Depends if factory lines or mickey mouse fittings are used to bypass the ABS. One is DOT approved, the other, not so much.
Ron

Buglet

Like I first said the bike did not come with ABS, it look like the ECM or instrument cluster was change. Being the fork stop was broken I would say it was the instrument cluster was change.