March 29, 2024, 01:41:53 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Anyone use Alloy Art Rear Fender Strut Tail/T.S/ Brake lights

Started by oldskool, April 17, 2021, 07:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldskool

So I installed the Alloy Art Strut lights on a 2012 Heritage. My problem is that the Brake light is constantly on. As soon as I attach the red wires from lights to blue brake light wire the light goes Bright as if I'm applying brake. The running lights are fine. Turn signals are fine. Wonder if anyone has ran into sa e problem ? Or if I may need a Load equalizer ? Looking at different things online a few say the load equalizer is not needed but it seems that I might as I think there is something needed between red wire from lights to blue brake wire  to break contact so it would only come on or get brighter once brake is applied. Any ideas would be great appreciated.

kd

KD

oldskool

The new wires from new lights are being soldered heat shrunk to light wires from under seat. Theres a plug under seat the front right corner of rear fender.Ther wires from that plug run under fender to stock t/L t/s brk assembly. Those wires obviously plug into the light assembly. Those wires are Bl/P Bl/Br Bl/Blk Bl And Blk. I am attaching the new light wires to those.

kd

Those colours don't match the factory wiring diagram in the wiring diagram section FSG put together in the Instruction Sheets Section.

Added later:

It looks like my link isn't working.  Go to the Instruction Sheet Section, click on HD, scroll down to wiring diagrams and select your year or softail (all).  I think B-16 is the rear lights.
KD

Scotty

FXDBI

Alloy Art mentions using there wire adaptors for the running light function says email  justin@alloyart.com  for additional help.  Haven't installed mine so that's all I got.  Bob