April 23, 2024, 06:25:52 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Is this a stock part and what is it?

Started by misfitJason, April 20, 2021, 06:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfitJason

I thought it was part of a true track system but I don't believe so after looking on their webpage. I don't run in the realms of baggers. I got it in a parts deal with some other Softail stuff I wanted. I thought maybe a chassis stabilizer on a touring bike but I don't see a rear one on the parts fische and it doesn't look like the front ones I am used to seeing

2006 Dyna, Kraftech Evo Softail

JW113

It looks like one of the various Tru-track/Ride-str8 type devices to limit side to side movement in the rear bagger engine/trans mount. Not stock, I don't think.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

kd

It is an aftermarket stabilizer device as JW has stated.  My buddy has a couple but I can't remember who makes that one.  If nobody nails it for you first  I'll get the info from him.
KD

PC_Hater

That is a RideStr8 bagger stabilizer.
I fitted one many years ago. Seemed to work.
Then last year I was having a good look at the bike and discovered that it had broken!

Short answer: it needs a parrallelogram setup so you get only vertical movement and not the sideways arc movement you get with a single link.

I have the Custom Cycle Engineering late model swing arm conversion kit ready to fit once the front end is finished.     
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S

misfitJason

2006 Dyna, Kraftech Evo Softail