Need help with new H-D Signature LED Turn Signal Inserts 19 RG

Started by AZ-SGlide, April 26, 2021, 03:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZ-SGlide

Anyone have this issue for 19 RG with new Signature LED signal inserts; a fast indicator flash rate and hazard flashers inoperative? I installed the fronts about two weeks ago pt # 67801148 and the indicator flash rate was double time which I expected, the signals and running lights functioned correctly. Yesterday I found the correct rear set pt # 67801150 at a dealer during a 1000 mile ride this week, brought them home and installed them and installed them. The front and rear turn signals, stop and running lights all function as they should, however, the indicator still flashes at double time, and, the hazard flashers now do not work. I have tried what the dealer said to have the computer learn to return the indicator flash rate back to normal but that does not work because in the sequence the service advisor said to turn hazards on for 10 sec after ignition is on, then ignition off, and ignition back on and that should correct the indicator flash rate. Problem is the hazards will not turn on. Other than paying the dealer 1/2 hr labor to go into the tech programming for the computer, is there a sequence anyone knows of that will "teach" the system to restore the hazards operation, and correct the indicator flash rate? Looking for known solutions, not guesswork, please. Any H-D Techs on here that know how to get these working other than a trip to a dealer?

Thanks, GManinAZ
GManinAZ

HogMike

HOGMIKE
SoCal

slavdude

I "upgraded" my 19 Heritage with LEDs from Eagle light (non Harley). I have similar issues, like the double flushing rate of the indicator bulbs. I did not realized that the computer is so "sensitive" to simple bulb upgrade. If it can be reset by the dealer then I will let them do it next time I am due for service.

HogMike

Quote from: slavdude on April 27, 2021, 07:01:05 PM
I "upgraded" my 19 Heritage with LEDs from Eagle light (non Harley). I have similar issues, like the double flushing rate of the indicator bulbs. I did not realized that the computer is so "sensitive" to simple bulb upgrade. If it can be reset by the dealer then I will let them do it next time I am due for service.

On my 19 I changed the turn signals.
Procedure was to turn ignition on , turn hazards on, turn ignition off, leave hazards run for 3 minutes, turn ignition on, turn hazards off, turn ignition off.
Worked for me.
:nix:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

AZ-SGlide

Quote from: HogMike on April 27, 2021, 10:43:54 AM
You can't turn your hazards on at all?
No, would not turn on at all either in run or accessory. Went to Buddy Stubbs Arizona H-D and they went through the BCM and made it right, At No Charge... The Best H-D Dealer in AZ, and I am willing to ride 31 miles to them and pass by three others within 5-12 miles. Buddy is a legend w H-D, Google him. Thanks
GManinAZ

AZ-SGlide

Quote from: HogMike on April 27, 2021, 07:49:43 PM
Quote from: slavdude on April 27, 2021, 07:01:05 PM

On my 19 I changed the turn signals.
Procedure was to turn ignition on , turn hazards on, turn ignition off, leave hazards run for 3 minutes, turn ignition on, turn hazards off, turn ignition off.
Worked for me.

Went to Buddy Stubbs Arizona H-D and they went through the BCM and made it right, At No Charge... The Best H-D Dealer in AZ, and I am willing to ride 31 miles to them and pass by three others within 5-12 miles. Buddy is a legend w H-D, Google him. Thanks
GManinAZ