April 25, 2024, 05:01:33 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

39 mm lower fork tube stop on fxr

Started by egstandard, April 28, 2021, 06:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egstandard

I purchased a set of V twin replacement fork tubes in 39mm for my fxr. The lower stop that goes on the damper will not fit in the bottom of the fork tube. The inside diameter of the tube  measures
0.920, and the stop measures 0.944. Anyone ever run into this problem?

Scotty

You didn't put the upper bushing in the lowers by any chance?
About the only thing I can think of without seeing it.

egstandard

Nah. The stop rests in the bottom of the tube, the damper rod fits in it from the top, then the bolt goes through it all through the bottom of the leg. Stop is to be for the tube. The old tube ID. measures bigger than the stop, and bigger than the new tube. Gotta be in the manufacturing of the tube. Good old Taiwan Tedd.

1982fxr

When I had my 1982 fxr there was no worse feeling in the world than looking for some random part and seeing Taiwan teddy was the only one who offered it.

egstandard

Belt sander took care of it. What a deal.

Deye76

"Good old Taiwan Tedd.'
Couple years ago found brand new RP tubes at the HD dealer, $ 200.00, 1/2 of what CCE gets. Was NOT NOS, able to be ordered from the mother ship.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

egstandard

Was hoping Frank's Forks would be up and running. They aren't taking orders yet since the move.

Deye76

Quote from: egstandard on April 29, 2021, 05:15:22 PM
Was hoping Frank's Forks would be up and running. They aren't taking orders yet since the move.
Used to be a great company.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP