March 28, 2024, 06:48:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TPMS issues

Started by HogMike, May 05, 2021, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMike

Can someone explain how a tpms valve is "synced" to the bike?
2019 cvo limited.
Part numbers are the same front and rear 2018-2019
Different number for my 2016

I am getting random faults while riding. Tires are checked, pressure to spec. Light comes on, display goes "—"
A few miles and minutes down the road everything goes back to normal.
Dealer replaced front monitor under warranty, didn't fix the issue.
I just got back from a long ride: 80-85 mph, temp 90-95, road flat and straight. Boring ride, the flashing amber light and steady red light kept me entertained for 300 miles!

Any ideas would be helpful!
:nix:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Coyote

You may have a sensor with a low battery.  That's what they do with a low battery.  Bike is just warning you it hasn't heard from the sensor.

HogMike

New sensor was installed 2 months ago under warranty, I'm assuming the unit was new oem at the dealer.
They "flashed it" as the front.
Bike is a 2019, you would think the sensor battery would last more than 2 years.
:nix:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Coyote

Mike,

This will give you the info on the display. As you can see, if the tire is high or low, it will indicate that. There is also an indicator that the TMPS is low on battery so you can check that. If the display is blank, then the TPM controller is not receiving updates regularly. If this happens on both tires without a low battery indication, I'd say you issue is with the controller on the bike.

If this LINK doesn't work for you, it's in your owner's manual.

HogMike

May 06, 2021, 11:26:32 AM #4 Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 01:07:39 PM by HogMike
Thanks for the update, SM told me to pull maxi fuse, then reinstall.
He suspects a bad BCM because both sensors throw a code as lost comm when it's supposed to send a signal update every few minutes while riding and every 4 hrs when parked.

They have to hook it up at the dealer to check it, I'll have to make an appointment when I have time.

We'll see!
Mike
HOGMIKE
SoCal