March 28, 2024, 09:54:09 AM

News:

Muller, AIM, Rekluse

Started by Tommy D, May 07, 2021, 03:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy D

As the topic says,  I'm looking for better friction zone & lighter lever pull in my CVO Tri Glide  have some arthritis in the hands....which product is the fave here with you guys ?
Thanks for all your feedback
Acts 4:12

kd

It's been a topic here often. You will probably find lots of opinions on searching the site for those words. That will give you plenty of information and possibly some questions.
KD

NHBagger

Doesn't answer your question but I run a Bandit in my trike. Also have an adjustable lever to shorten the throw to suit my hand better.

road-dawgs1

I run the Muller and love it. Went with it over the AIM as AIM was having several problems with theirs when they came out. At the time, Rekluse wasn't an option or I might have considered that one. No issues with the Muller
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

kd

Tommy, are you talking hydraulic clutch or cable.  I'm guessing Hydraulic by your selection.  Maybe some info on the year etc. of what you have will help narrow the field.
KD

Tommy D

Quote from: kd on May 07, 2021, 05:53:34 PM
Tommy, are you talking hydraulic clutch or cable.  I'm guessing Hydraulic by your selection.  Maybe some info on the year etc. of what you have will help narrow the field.

OE Hydraulic set up '20 CVO Tri Glide

markymark

I just installed an AIM unit on my 20 Ultra. Lighter pull, better control (friction zone). Easy install (minus exhaust removal). Took quite awhile to bleed BUT much better.

kd

I have no personal experience with the M8 hydraulic clutch but I believe at least one (maybe more) of your choices also prevents the transfer of oil from the transmission to the primary.
KD

calif phil

I have done all of them and I think they are all good.  I am going to install the Rekluse in my bike. 

Don D

Rekluse, it is everything you want and zero bad manners

Tommy D

Quote from: HD Street Performance on May 08, 2021, 07:44:35 AM
Rekluse, it is everything you want and zero bad manners

Don,

Reduced lever pull too ?

Tommy D

Quote from: calif phil on May 08, 2021, 06:44:40 AM
I have done all of them and I think they are all good.  I am going to install the Rekluse in my bike.

How's the lever pull ?

Don D

The rekluse does have reduced lever pull. It also does not mess with the throw.

Tommy D

Quote from: HD Street Performance on May 08, 2021, 08:30:51 AM
The rekluse does have reduced lever pull. It also does not mess with the throw.

Good to know Don, Much appreciated  :up:

HogMike

Quote from: Tommy D on May 07, 2021, 03:53:34 PM
As the topic says,  I'm looking for better friction zone & lighter lever pull in my CVO Tri Glide  have some arthritis in the hands....which product is the fave here with you guys ?

If you mean "wider" friction zone Opposed to the stock narrow engagement zone my only experience is with the  mueller.
Easy pull, wider engagement allowing pull away from stoplights and on hills a breeze.
Probably doesn't matter much with another wheel!

Easy pull comparison with stock.

:potstir:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Tommy D

Quote from: HogMike on May 08, 2021, 10:58:26 AM
Quote from: Tommy D on May 07, 2021, 03:53:34 PM

If you mean "wider" friction zone Opposed to the stock narrow engagement zone my only experience is with the  mueller.
Easy pull, wider engagement allowing pull away from stoplights and on hills a breeze.
Probably doesn't matter much with another wheel!

Easy pull comparison with stock.

:potstir:

Wanting engagement closer to the bar

To The Max

They all give you a easy pull , wider friction zone and engagement closer to the bar . This is achieved by using a larger piston in the slave cylinder, if they all use the same size piston the affect will be the same . I think you will like them all .

Sinker

I use Journey PSR and love it. Absolutely hated the dead hand clutch before I got this.

ziggy24

Quote from: To The Max on May 08, 2021, 04:01:41 PM
They all give you a easy pull , wider friction zone and engagement closer to the bar . This is achieved by using a larger piston in the slave cylinder, if they all use the same size piston the affect will be the same . I think you will like them all .

They do not use the same size piston. I know for a fact the Rekluse is different. Out of the three units Rekluse has a little longer travel. It is needed if you decide to go with a Rekluse torq drive clutch pack. Ask me how I found out?

Sunny Jim

Quote from: ziggy24 on May 10, 2021, 08:24:21 AM
Quote from: To The Max on May 08, 2021, 04:01:41 PM

They do not use the same size piston. I know for a fact the Rekluse is different. Out of the three units Rekluse has a little longer travel. It is needed if you decide to go with a Rekluse torq drive clutch pack. Ask me how I found out?

Do tell!!

ziggy24

I had an AIM installed..... twice. The first one leaked. Anyway, I installed the rekluse torqdrive clutch pak.Put it all back together, fired up the bike and could barely get it into gear. Tried putting it into neutral, not happening. Short story, emailed AIM first and asked them what they thought the problem could be. Their response was " whats a rekluse torqdrive"? After a brief explanation, they thought the overall travel of their slave cylinder was not enough to release the 14 ( I forget the number) clutch plates completely and I should go back to a stock slave. Ahhhh, NO!  I then called Rekluse and explained my issue, they said their slave has a slightly longer travel to accommodate the torqdrive clutch pak. I ordered their slave, installed and all is good. Of course with hydraulics, you cant have both travel and reduced effort without changing the master cylinder bore size as well ( which nobody does). So the trade off is, a little more effort (barely) on the pull, than the AIM or Muller.

goblue90

Quote from: ziggy24 on May 13, 2021, 08:23:24 AM
I had an AIM installed..... twice. The first one leaked. Anyway, I installed the rekluse torqdrive clutch pak.Put it all back together, fired up the bike and could barely get it into gear. Tried putting it into neutral, not happening. Short story, emailed AIM first and asked them what they thought the problem could be. Their response was " whats a rekluse torqdrive"? After a brief explanation, they thought the overall travel of their slave cylinder was not enough to release the 14 ( I forget the number) clutch plates completely and I should go back to a stock slave. Ahhhh, NO!  I then called Rekluse and explained my issue, they said their slave has a slightly longer travel to accommodate the torqdrive clutch pak. I ordered their slave, installed and all is good. Of course with hydraulics, you cant have both travel and reduced effort without changing the master cylinder bore size as well ( which nobody does). So the trade off is, a little more effort (barely) on the pull, than the AIM or Muller.

I just experienced this as well and wish I had read this string before installing the torq drive clutch!!!

flh canuck

I installed the Muller Easy Pull slave cylinder on my 2018 Ultra Limited about a month back. Greatly reduced effort and friction zone is right in the middle of the travel now, similar to what I was used to with cable clutches. Very happy with the reduced effort and lack of cramping of my left hand when stuck in traffic. A nice, well machined quality product in my opinion.
2018 Ultra Limited. Back in black!

Muddogg

Has anyone used the Rekluse slave with a Barnett Scorpion clutch, wondering if it will release the plates.

CVOThunder

Had the Recluse slave installed as per another rider's recommendation. Never rode the bike stock so i can't compare but it's very smooth and no issues working with the 131 kit. Both installed at the same time and I've never felt any slippage. Nice linear engagement, full hook out towards the end of travel. Fully recommend this one.   
Photons by the bag. Gravitons not  shipped outside the US.