April 20, 2024, 04:05:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

failure to lauch (2003 fuel injected tc)

Started by Samsquanch, May 08, 2021, 11:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bump

You can do 60 kmh in 1st gear? Maybe I am missing something but isn't that about 40 mph?

Samsquanch

Quote from: bump on May 11, 2021, 02:25:55 AM
You can do 60 kmh in 1st gear? Maybe I am missing something but isn't that about 40 mph?

You are correct, but I said 2nd gear.

kd

Samsquanch, if this is a fresh build that has never been tuned yet or had the AFR and timing confirmed to be safe the last thing you want to be doing is what you just admitted to. Severe engine damage can occur.  The first thing your tuner will do is set some safe levels so it can be safely tuned. Not much more than a few heat cycles should be done before the tune is at least confirmed.
KD

Samsquanch

Quote from: kd on May 11, 2021, 05:42:15 AM
Samsquanch, if this is a fresh build that has never been tuned yet or had the AFR and timing confirmed to be safe the last thing you want to be doing is what you just admitted to. Severe engine damage can occur.  The first thing your tuner will do is set some safe levels so it can be safely tuned. Not much more than a few heat cycles should be done before the tune is at least confirmed.

I was thinking that. I couldn't help myself. Im calling the tuner to make plans tonight.

Samsquanch

This is why I'm here. So you smart guys can catch me doing dumb sh*t and let me know.

Hossamania

If you've already taken it for a 50km ride, heat cycles are done, break-in is about done, only thing left is tune.
Change the oil.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Samsquanch

Quote from: Hossamania on May 11, 2021, 07:43:10 AM
If you've already taken it for a 50km ride, heat cycles are done, break-in is about done, only thing left is tune.
Change the oil.

That being said, the cylinders and pistons were used, have some milage on them, were honed then installed with the appropriate pistons in front and rear. Perhaps that reduces the chances of catastrophic failure with my shenanigans.

Still, advice noted and will be followed.

Samsquanch

[attach=0]

Here is the results!